Technical Account Manager - Mission Critical Support
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
The goal of our Technical Account Managers for Mission Critical Support (MCS) is to ensure customer success, focusing on pro-active services as well as providing prompt and accurate reactive support, enabling customers to successfully deploy their Forcepoint solution set and achieve targeted business benefits. The TAM is the single point of contact for the customer and all internal Forcepoint teams as you guide your customers through our Customer Experience Blueprint. You’ll provide expertise and guidance on leading best practices for a successful enterprise security solution deployment. You will also serve as an advocate and strategic advisor to customers, providing product functionality, technology and implementation expertise by delivering a combination of technical consulting and project management skills.
- Diligently perform on-boarding of new MCS accounts as defined in the MCS playbook
- Build and grow relationships with the customer’s technical staff and Sr. Management teams
- Collaborate with Engineering and QA teams in Forcepoint to validate deployment architectures and sizing parameters
- Owns, drives and tracks Hot Customer escalations, including partnering with the CritSit, Sustaining Engineering, Product Management teams
- Ensure that the customer information page is updated with all the relevant account information such as Overview, meeting minutes, Architecture diagrams, Strategic Support Plan, Migration plan, and other miscellaneous documents as needed.
- Build a communication plan with your customers that includes:
- Bi-weekly calls with each of their accounts, providing your customer team with status updates
- Performing quarterly reviews of each account with Sr. Management staff of the customer team
- Ensure that all cases opened for their accounts are being actively worked and progressing towards an expeditious resolution
- Perform on site audits and reviews as needed
- Collaborates, develops and mentors other TAMs to improve team member’s technical knowledge, project management skills, customer management skills, etc
- Contributes to team knowledge based on deployment lessons learned and unique issues experienced
- Partner closely with Product Management to log and prioritize customer FR’s and ensure that future product direction aligns with customer road map
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent experience
- At least 4 years in technical product support or information systems environment supporting business-to-business customers
- Domain knowledge in networking security, systems administration, or similar required
- Demonstrated experience in a technical customer support environment and experience working with a networking vendor involving technical Support on appliance products is a must
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues at a high level to determine appropriate path to resolution.
- Prior experience supporting Forcepoint products preferred
- Must have experience working directly with Enterprise Customer Support supporting Business customers
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate product lines and architecture