Technical Enablement Manager
About the Company
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organizations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. ThousandEyes gives organizations visibility into the now borderless network, arming them with an accurate understanding of how the network impacts their applications, users and customers. ThousandEyes is used by some of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including all of the top 5 global software companies, 5 of the top 6 US banks, and 45 of the Fortune 500. ThousandEyes is backed by Sequoia Capital, Sutter Hill Ventures, Tenaya Capital, Google Ventures and Salesforce Ventures, with headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
About the role
The Technical Sales Enablement Manager will report to the Senior Director of Enablement. In this position, you will be responsible for ensuring technical field roles (i.e. Sales Engineers, Consultants, Customer Success Managers, Solution Architects, etc.) are well-equipped with the knowledge, tools, and skills needed to be effective in their respective positions. In addition to developing a technical enablement framework and roadmap, the Technical Sales Enablement Manager will work closely with Marketing, Engineering, Product Management, and others to define, develop, and deliver a comprehensive technical field readiness program. This individual will be essential to the onboarding, ramp, and productivity of technical employees in the global sales organization.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform needs assessments in coordination with Sales, Marketing, Engineering, and Product Mgt.
- Translate technical business needs into training curriculum, offerings, and programs.
- Lead the design, development, and delivery of technical sales training materials globally.
- Partnering with internal subject matter experts, vendors, and third-parties as needed.
- Assist in the development of a master plan and calendar for technical field enablement activities.
- Design and implement metrics to measure training programs’ impact, effectiveness, and utility.
- Implement a variety of training mediums: podcasts, Webinars, classroom, self-paced, remote, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP protocol stack
- 5 years of experience in a technical role: SE, technical trainer, support, etc.
- Experience with a variety of design tools
- Experience developing curricula
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage without direct authority
- Ability to maintain curriculum in a Learning Management System
- Effective program and project management skills
- Self-starter and self-sufficient; history of producing exceptional work with minimal supervision
- Outgoing personality. Should be able to develop great and trusting relationships
- Strong collaborative partner with ability to work with multiple teams
- Ability to travel regionally and internationally
- Technical degree or equivalent experience: engineering, computer science, etc. preferred.