Technical Marketing Engineer (Sales)
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place.
Our roots and values were crafted in the Midwest. We believe in enabling and empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office. Collaboration is our standard operating practice, and we actively seek to reduce barriers to brilliance.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, calm to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it.
Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
As a Technical Marketing Engineer for sales you will work cross functionally in a dynamic team environment with sales, product and engineering to provide critical support in the growth of new business. In this hands-on role, you’ll become an authority on the Duo solution, key cloud and on-premise applications, and the broader security industry. You’ll work directly with our sales engineering team to build and manage the lab environment, critical to our success. In partnering with the sales and marketing teams, you’ll lead the creation and development of new strategic tools and assets.
What you’ll do...
- Serve as a technical resource for our global solutions engineering team
- Partner with product management and marketing teams to provide recommended product enhancements and develop collateral
- Support the sales engineering onboarding and ongoing training programs through partnership with SE management and sales enablement teams
- Build and maintain the SE lab environments
- Work with the competitive team for market and competitive analysis
- Play a role in defining our technical sales strategy
Skills you’ll have...
- 2+ years of TME or SE experience with exposure to security, network engineering and systems engineering functions
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or similar experience
- Experience implementing test, development and production instances or maintaining a lab environment.
- Excellent written and oral business communication skills with the ability to collaborate across geographically dispersed functions
- Network Engineering Experience
- Extensive IP network troubleshooting skills including working knowledge of tools and commands like ping, traceroute, nslookup and wireshark
- SSLVPN configuration on devices such as Juniper, Cisco, F5, Palo Alto Networks, CheckPoint, Cisco ASA
- Able to quickly diagnose network and ACL configuration issues
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Radius authentication
- Systems Engineering Experience
- Working knowledge of AWS, Active Directory, LDAP, Windows Server
- Has setup and configured RDP
- Has experience configuring Microsoft Exchange, Office 365
- Has configured and solved SAML, SSO, SSL issues
- Strong Unix and Linux knowledge, especially with SSH and PAM
- Knowledgeable with identity/access management, two-factor authentication, firewalls and VPN’s
3 reasons why you should apply…
- You are technical and intrigued by the ins and outs of different businesses, industries, and new SaaS technologies
- You enjoy solving problems and building solutions, and are self-directed while managing many projects
- A creative, out of the box thinker who is passionate about technology and learning and you want to be a part of something big
- Care about contributing to an amazing work culture and environment
- Are comfortable with the rapid, unpredictable nature of a tech startup
- Work with team members remotely and in person