Technical Support Engineer II, Cybersecurity - Email Security
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
An Technical Support Engineer II is responsible for providing a world-class support experience to our enterprise customer base. Living our corporate values of being Trustworthy, Collaborative, Accountable, Respectful, Innovative, and Relentless, you will be responsible for assisting our customers with troubleshooting and resolving issues related to Forcepoint as well as associated third-party products, enabling our customers to stop the bad and free the good. You will utilize your knowledge and experience to interpret the customers’ needs and ensure they are achieving maximum value from Forcepoint. You will be seen as a technical advisor within the team and called upon to provide assistance to other team members on issues within your area of expertise.
- Respond to customer cases in line with Service Level Agreements.
- Proactively identify and resolve potential problems in an effort to prevent them from occurring and improve the overall customer experience.
- Approach each case with a goal of ensuring Forcepoint products are performing at an optimal level by addressing any underlying or additional problems uncovered during each customer engagement.
- Ensure full understanding of the issue, including impact to customer.
- Gather logs, configuration details and attempt to reproduce the reported issues.
- Research the issue in the Knowledge Base, documentation and with your team members as needed.
- Recommend solutions to customers and follow through to resolution or escalate the case in a timely manner if no resolution can be found.
- Prioritize workload based on severity and impact to customer and demonstrate a sense of urgency when handling cases.
- Be accountable for customer escalations and drive them internally to a speedy resolution while ensuring that customers are kept fully informed of progress throughout the escalation.
- Document all interactions and case details within the customer tracking database, including a detailed description of the issue and any resolutions recommended.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures regarding customer handling, case management and service entitlement verification.
- Participate in knowledge sharing via involvement in technical discussions and Knowledge Base documentation.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Two or more years of experience supporting business to business customers
- Hands-on experience that demonstrate knowledge of:
- Networking fundamentals (Layer 2 and 3, TCP/IP, 3-way handshake, DNS etc.)
- Application Support Basics (Common troubleshooting methodology for Windows and Linux programs)
- SSL/TLS protocols (Structure, certificates, initial handshake, etc.)
- SMTP (Routing, MX Records, commands, status/response codes etc.)
- Email Server Application (Exchange, Lotus Notes etc)
- Common MTAs (Sendmail, Qmail, Postfix)
- Packet Analysis with tcpdump and Wireshark
- Diagnosing network latency and intermittent issues
- Reading and analyzing log files
- Active Directory (Domains, structure, permissions, group policies, etc.)
- MSSQL fundamentals (Management interface, accessing logs, browsing databases, simple queries, permissions, jobs, etc.)
- Information Security Concepts
- Experience supporting one of the following applications:
- Red Hat Linux fundamentals (command line navigation and basic features, file system, permissions, networking, etc.)
- Windows (Permissions, services, file system, Event Viewer, etc.)
You demonstrate extreme levels of accountability and are results driven; you value teamwork and collaboration; you communicate transparently and with candor, while always being genuine; you act boldly, take initiative and are comfortable taking calculated risks to achieve successful outcomes; you execute with speed and integrity, delivering high quality work product of which you can be proud.