Product Manager, MFA
We are Duo, and we’re here to democratize security for everyone. Our mission is to protect the mission of our customers like Facebook, Twitter, and Etsy by making security simple.
We’re a diverse crew of makers and builders, skaters and coders, filmmakers and DJs, teachers and students brought together by a shared belief in adding value to the world. This diversity allows us to bring an empathetic approach to solve some of the most complex global business and security challenges faced today.
What you’ll do…
As a Product Manager, you will take Duo’s core services to the next level. You will be responsible for building highly usable and delightful workflows for both administrators and end-users alike. In this role as a Product Manager, you will collaborate with various stakeholders from engineering, design, customer success, sales and senior management on a regular basis. PMs play a highly visible role in the company and are critical to the development and execution of Duo’s product strategy. As PMs, we practice what we preach; we validate use cases for problems our customers help us identify; we collaborate on the design of solutions to those problems; we iterate and test those designs, and we do so in an agile framework.
You will define and execute strategy around authentication, access, and security workflows for both IT administrators and end users by developing short and simple-to-understand product requirements that take into account usability studies and research and market analysis.
Skills you have…
You have at least 1- 3 years of product management experience, and…
- 2 years experience with building enterprise software, either as a product manager, or leading a development team.
- BA/BS preferably in the fields of computer science, engineering, design or mathematics.
- A background in network security, and an understanding of the problems IT Administrators face, and the workflows common in that environment, either by direct work experience or building products IT Administrators use is a plus.
- Working knowledge of compliance requirements for organizations, and NIST guidelines regarding cryptographic standards, such as FIPS 140-2, NIST 800-53, and NIST 800-63.
- Familiarity with PIV / CAC, where it is used, and how it is commonly integrated into authentication.
3 Reasons why you should apply…
- You possess a highly driven and entrepreneurial personality, with an ability to get stuff done while having a sharp mind and eye for detail.
- You have a solid understanding of the problems IT Administrators face, either by direct work experience or building products that IT Administrators use on a daily basis.
- You are passionate about providing the world’s best multi-factor experience for administrator and end-users alike!
This job may not be for you if...
- If the pace of a fast-moving, growth phase startup makes you uncomfortable, or if you need a lot of well established policies and procedures before you can make decisions and drive results, this might not be the best role for you.
- If you don’t have any familiarity with at least one of the following: SaaS, endpoint management, network operations, IT security, mobile device management, cloud operations, application security, or identity and access management.
- You are not comfortable with communicating with multiple stakeholders, both internal, on an ongoing basis to keep perspective with customers and share it with your peers!
Does this sound like it was written for you?
Excellent! Please apply and let’s explore this together.