Associate Product Manager
About the Company
Brightpearl exists to automate retail. We help omnichannel businesses selling finished goods, trading $2.5m-$50m a year. Over 1,200 businesses in 26 countries use our platform. We manage over 10m transactions and $2b of business a year. Brightpearl is a cloud platform, built on AWS with 99.9% uptime, and is deployed twice as fast as the competition. Brightpearl is headquartered in both Bristol in the UK and Austin, Texas in the US. We are looking for an experienced Ecommerce Business Analyst to join our US Product and Engineering team.
About the Role
As Associate Product Manager you will work on projects that range anywhere from designing new features for our SaaS platform, such as integrations with priority partner software like BigCommerce, improvements to our core platform enhancing the experience of thousands of merchants, or highly technical projects invisible to the customer that drastically improve our scalability and security. The Associate Product Manager reports directly to the US Director of Product Management.
Initially, you will be assigned as product owner of our omnichannel feature set, which covers our Ecommerce sales channel integrations (e.g. Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce, Amazon, etc) and in-store POS. Brightpearl is the backbone of our customer’s retail operations, sharing inventory and order information in real-time. Our integrations with leading sales channels are a key differentiator for us in the market, making this a crucial and highly visible role within the organization.
- Discover, understand, and define stakeholder needs through interviews and meetings, to define a roadmap for integrations
- Triage and balance incoming bugs and feature requests with long term strategic development projects.
- Provide a primary point of contact for development teams throughout project delivery, answering ad-hoc questions, attending stand-ups and project meetings, defining testable requirements for the developers
- Develop user stories and wireframes for upcoming projects. Lead validation sessions with customers and internal stakeholders
- Hands on; not afraid of the autonomy of the role, eager to jump in at the deep end and juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Coordinate with Product Marketing to define go to market strategy for upcoming releases
- Get involved in larger sales opportunities to understand requirements and do some soft “seling” of Brightpearl
- Become an evangelist for Brightpearl via webinars, conferences and blog contributions
- Experience with ERP software, ideally as a provider but also as an end-user
- Experience with Ecommerce business operations and platforms such as Bigcommerce, Shopify, Magento, Amazon and eBay
- Experience with in-store POS technologies and workflows
- Experience with retail and wholesale business models and applications
- Experience with Jira
- Knowledge of API and integration architecture
- 1-3+ years experience working in a product organization
- Positivity, confidence and drive is a must.
- Self-directed, professional, team player.
- You know how to work in startup mode. You’re able to remain adaptable, flexible, and work cross-functionally and be comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with a wide variety of people, including remote teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-moving and dynamic environment.
- A team player - able to input into a multifunctional team; not afraid to question and offer alternatives.
Our Values & Culture
- Brightpearl is a team of people who are crazy motivated by growth.
- It’s what we help our customers do; grow their businesses by making it possible and easy for them to be better retailers.
- It’s how we behave as individuals; we’re all deeply passionate about learning
- You’ll do the best work of your career with people who are just as motivated and talented as you are.
- You thrive in a fast-paced team environment and want to learn a tremendous amount, and you enjoy making a meaningful impact.
- Your curiosity has led you this far, so if this sounds like your ideal place to work, apply now!
We offer a competitive salary, plus a superior benefits package including 20 days of PTO + 12 paid holidays, share options, 100% paid medical, dental and vision. We’re an energetic, driven organization who believe in promoting a healthy work-life balance, and our office in Downtown Austin is an open, vibrant workspace. Check us out on Built In Austin to get more of an insight on what it’s like to work with us!