Spreetail is a profitable and growing e-commerce company that builds technology, markets products and manages warehouses to offer the best prices on tens of thousands of items. Our purpose is to make a dent in the universe by delighting millions of customers, creating opportunity and wealth for our team, and revolutionizing the communities we touch.
We look for team members who embody our mantra:
Be relentless. Pursue challenges. Act like an owner. Raise your bar. Practice humility. Make Spreetail better.
As the Category Merchant, you will:
- Create and lead the execution of the merchandising strategy for assigned categories.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to bring product to market by creating and delivering a balanced assortment that meets customer needs and financial targets.
- Conduct industry research to define the product assortment strategy to deliver category sales and margin objectives through the optimal merchandise and brand mix, price positioning and maximizing seasonality opportunities for assigned categories.
- Examine category merchandising strategies of key competitors, and best-in-class online retailers, to understand emerging trends and promotional opportunities.
- Collaborate with key functional areas on the execution of seasonal strategies for assigned categories: vendor management, private label, inventory planning, site merchandising, marketing, and creative.
- Deep-dive prior period performance through analytical postmortem process, simplifying main contributors to achieving or missing plan and incorporate learnings into future merchandise planning.
- Develop Merchandising reporting to assess performance of brands and items and streamline process for sourcing new items or brands into new market opportunities
We look forward to learning more about your experience with:
- Merchandising strategy experience
- Assortment strategy experience
Spreetail is growing rapidly; our team is challenged every single day to outwork and out-think the competition. We move fast, and no one has the luxury to wait around for someone else to make the first move. We dive in, we learn, we adapt, sometimes we fail, but we never remain stagnant.
We’ll reward you with:
- Stock appreciation rights
- Leadership development opportunities
- Untracked time off
- Group health insurance (Spreetail pays your FULL monthly premium.)
- Yearly company trip
- Regular company-funded events and activities
- Dollar-for-dollar donation match
- Home purchase bonus after 2 years of employment
- Island getaway after 3 years of employment
- 10-day sabbatical after 5 years of employment
Spreetail isn’t just a job or career, it’s a lifestyle that isn’t for the faint of heart. Expect put in the necessary hours each week and break out of your comfort zone to tackle problems and pursue innovative solutions. If you’re looking for a challenge and a career you can grow with, Spreetail is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.