BigCommerce, named a 2018 Best Place to Work, is looking for a full-stack Product Designer to join our team! In this position, you will partner with Product Management and Engineering teams to craft product experiences that are surgically focused on helping our merchants sell more. The person in this position will be trusted to deliver features that are strategically aligned to both our product and corporate vision while setting a high bar for product desirability. This is an incredibly exciting position for an individual contributor as you’ll have the opportunity to be both strategic about the product vision and hands-on with how the feature and service is executed.
What you’ll do:
- In collaboration with product management and engineering, define strategic direction for new product experiences.
- Lead and execute design across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches.
- Collaborate with product designers from other teams and offices to ensure our solutions are consistent and familiar.
- Participate in and lead user-based research throughout the design process to ensure our product meets market, user, and design quality-markers.
- Determine appropriate use of patterns as well as when to evolve them or leave them behind entirely.
- Take full ownership of your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
Who You are:
- Collaborative. You understand that solving problems for our users is a team sport. You are happy to ideate with other domains and facilitate agreement with other designers.
- A systems thinker. You understand how to define guidelines with both the structure and flexibility needed to make all functional areas of the product desirable and usable.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize process.
- Fun. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome.
- Pragmatic. You appreciate the latest design trends but can easily filter out what is and isn’t useful to your audience. You can look at your design solution and determine what is integral to the experience what are ‘bells and whistles’.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about building strong relationships through candid conversation.
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
- A portfolio which clearly demonstrates your user-centric approach and illustrates the decisions that led up to the final artifact (please include a link with your application).
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Culture groups
- Three especially cool office locales in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven team building activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events