Product Line Manager
We're growing rapidly here at Tecovas, and we're looking for a talented, entrepreneurial Product Line Manager (PLM) to lead one of our vertical product categories (Footwear, Apparel, Leather Goods & Accessories) from end-to-end. Responsibilities of the PLM will span the spectrum of his/her category, including but not limited to:
- Owning the lifecycle of one of the three Tecovas product categories from end-to-end, including:
- Working directly with the Founder/CEO (who leads Product) to own the ideation and product roadmap for the category
- Creating & finalizing the design of all products within the category (working independently, with the Founder/CEO, and/or with contract designers)
- Sourcing, developing, and nurturing the necessary factory & supplier relationships for the category
- Owning the Product Development lifecycle from Ideation to Production Handoff
- Working alongside the Creative team to design, source, and finalize packaging for all category products
- Partnering with the Finance, Marketing, and Inventory teams to plan orders and production
- Partnering with the Production team to hand off ‘evergreen’ products from launch to full production mode
- Owning the cross-functional Product Launch process (partnering with Marketing, Creative, Finance, and Inventory teams)
- Setting up initial and ongoing QC & QA processes and team(s), as relevant
- Partnering with the Customer Experience, Marketing, and Inventory teams on ‘lookback’ analyses and learnings from new product launches
- Partnering with the Customer Experience – then Production and QA teams – on continuous improvement initiatives
- Partnering with Marketing & Creative for category-related ongoing product marketing initiatives
- Owning ideation and cycle restarting for line additions to any category product
- Leading efficient and effective cross-functional meetings to push through each part of the product lifecycle
- Hiring and managing a ‘small but mighty’ product category team (1-2 HQ FTE per category in 2019), with resources dependent on the category and candidate experience
This role will report directly to the Founder/CEO but may later report to a Product leader or VP.
The ideal Product Line Manager is an entrepreneurial, organized operator – with her/his heart and instincts set in the Product, Design, and/or Merchandising world. Specific desired qualifications include:
- 5-10+ years of Product experience, ideally across Product Management, Category Management/Ownership, Merchandising, Buying, and/or Product Operations
- BA/BS degree from a top-tier institution and demonstrated academic excellence
- Ability to own a category from ‘day 1,’ with minimal guidance needed to perform all of the ownership tasks described above
- Masterful ability to operate, lead, and manage projects efficiently and effectively across functions
- True passion for product – and ideally the products we make here at Tecovas!
- Experience with design and/or design software experience a major plus but not required
- Desire to scratch the 'entrepreneurial itch' and learn in a fast-paced environment
- Independent, results-driven work ethic
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to work well with the Founder/CEO
- Utmost character, honesty, and transparency
- Competitive salary
- Equity grant
- Fully-paid health, dental, and vision insurance premiums
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free boots!
Tecovas is revolutionizing the western market as the first digitally-native brand. We are a rapidly-growing company (we've grown from 5 to 20+ employees in the last 12 months) and we're passionate about making and selling incredible consumer products at approachable prices. Want an early seat on a rocket ship? Shoot us an application!
Important note: We take hiring very seriously. Interviewing at Tecovas may include phone calls, on-site interviews, and on-the-job mock cases. We are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, but we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit. We will contact you if that is the case!