Product Manager, Content
Are you excited about helping our Travelers discover awesome vacation rental experiences? Are you passionate about creating content systems on a global scale? Are you a Product Manager that enjoys building exceptional products and loves technology?
Vrbo collects content from our Travelers, Partners and external sources to guide Travelers through their journey of discovery, shopping, booking and stay. Our platform collects, enriches, and personalizes that content to engage Travelers and Partners on our global marketplace.
As Product Manager for Content & Media, you will manage our core services for property content, amenities, photos and videos. You will define the future for these products and what your team should work on. You will be empowered to set ambitious goals for your product and team and motivate the team to think big.
What you’ll do:
- Run user-facing AB tests to help inform the content and media strategy for vacation rentals on Vrbo.
- Work with data science teams to create machine learning algorithms that unlock new content insights and traveler experiences.
- Contribute to the product vision and strategy for delivering best-in-class content solutions for our customers.
- Collaborate with Vrbo Traveler and Partner experience teams to develop and drive adoption of core content APIs and identify future API needs for prioritization, development and delivery.
- Partner with Expedia Group (EG) to build and execute a roadmap to align, converge, and extend our unified content systems to provide maximum benefit across all of EG.
- Serve as product owner for core content and media services.
- Work with engineering and data insights teams to define, track and report on key indicators for API performance and reliability.
- Facilitate resolution of urgent technical issues while communicating changes to internal and external customers.
Who you are:
- You’ve got a strong technical background. You understand how software development teams work and how engineers think.
- 2+ years of product management experience
- 5+ years of experience as a technical product manager, software engineer, solutions architect, or technical integrations consultant
- Scientific mindset to make evidence-based decisions.
- Strong perspective on user experience—whether that means a developer’s user experience while using an API or a traveler’s experience while viewing photos for a vacation property
- Strong understanding of clean API designs, tooling & documentation around platform products and services.
- Prior experience driving integration of products and adoption of core services. Ability to handle large, complex products in a rapidly changing environment.
- Proven experience balancing the requirements for multiple stakeholders within and outside your organization, to gather and prioritize requirements.
- Experience preparing and presenting a technical roadmap, grooming product backlog, and participating in agile ceremonies.
- Strong critical thinking, information architecture and data modeling skills, communication and presentation abilities.
- BS or BA in a related field preferred.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Willing to travel up to 20%.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on Vrbo.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.