Product Manager, Platform Bookings
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
Are you passionate about travel? Do you want to be in a high pace, high energy workplace bent on revolutionizing the industry? Does leading a talented and growing team energize you?
The Partner Product team at HomeAway is growing fast. From developing virtual reality capabilities to optimizing across multiple platforms (web, mobile web, native app), we are on the cutting edge of technology in the alternative accommodations space.
What you’ll do:
You will empower vacation rental owners with the tools necessary to manage their properties, help them make informed decisions about their bookings, and ultimately make money. You are responsible for the bookings and policies experiences that enable partners to clearly display their offering on the HomeAway traveler-facing sites as well as manage their HomeAway quotes, bookings, policies, cancellations and refunds. You love solving puzzles, methodically thinking through problems, dissecting complex systems, and simplifying those systems for end users to have a seamless, intuitive experience. You enjoy working with data - how it flows, is tracked, and how it’s displayed to partners.
You will partner with our leaders to understand objectives, and then work alongside our engineers make them a reality. You are accustomed to using data to garner insights to drive your strategy and roadmap. You are committed in your drive to improve the core customer experience. You are creative and have a knack for identifying areas that need love within the product. You will lead an entire pod of engineers, collaborate with design, a/b test, measure, and refine new features to deliver a premier partner experience. You will present frequently to C-levels, support teams, at public and private events and regular company all-hands. We’re looking someone who loves to build great experiences, get on stage and make complex problems seem simple. In a nutshell – we want you to be HomeAway’s leading guru on the post-booking partner experience.
- Create a roadmap and run priorities for your product
- Lead the portfolio lifecycle and solutions from 120 planning to end-user adoption
- Present product portfolio to executive leadership at Monthly Product Reviews
- Conduct market research, competitive gap analysis, identify potential commercially available solutions, and lead existing and new vendor relationships
- Work closely with UX designers to research, define, and test next generation experiences that increase the adoption of the products, improve conversion of new customers, and improve customer satisfaction
- Work closely with customer experience and sales to ingest user feedback from the field
- Actively participate in agile product development process for roadmap implementation, writing product requirements, user stories, and maintaining the product backlog of priorities in close collaboration with design and engineering
- Define data and reporting requirements and drive implementation with the data engineering and business intelligence teams
- Design, implement and analyze a/b tests to optimize the user experience and drive key performance metrics
- Meet frequently with business partners to develop a deep understanding of their business process and needs
- Launch new products by collaborating with customer service, product marketing and marketing on go-to-market and lifecycle marketing strategies
- Lead the resolution of urgent technical issues while communicating changes to business partners
Who you are:
Product Managers should possess strong business insight and be passionate about the user, well-designed online and mobile products, and software development best practices.
- 3+ years of product management experience in a high-tech software or ecommerce company.
- An eagerness to learn
- Ability to build rapport and strong relationships with a geographically dispersed development team
- Experience utilizing web analytics and testing tools to aid business decisions
- Ability to handle large, complex projects in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience in adopting product management standard methodologies, standards and policies
- Ability to collaborate closely with design and usability to drive product enhancements
- Strong communication and presentation abilities
- High level of initiative and desire to create an extraordinary user experience for our customers
- Experience with complex information architecture and content management
- Experience with online travel and/or consumer marketplaces preferred
- BS or BA, MBA preferred
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.