LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We love going to work and think you should too. We hold our company culture near and dear – it represents an intermix between passion for leadership and passion for an active, healthy life centered around family and friends. LogicMonitor represents community, collaboration and camaraderie.
Located in the 500 West 2nd Street tower, our brand-new Austin office is best-in-class! Be inspired with panoramic downtown & Lady Bird Lake views, where snacks are plentiful and team outings are common. Our offices are sprinkled around the globe, too, with offices in Santa Barbara, Boston, New York City, London, Singapore, and Chengdu, China.
What You'll Do:
The Product Manager is responsible for establishing the vision, strategy and priorities to drive success for their respective products inline with the company mission: To Simplify Technology Management for Humankind. The Product Manager will bridge the technical and business world, delivering products and product enhancements that drive product value and create additional revenue for the business. The Product Manager will orchestrate a team-based approach and drive initiatives that are aligned with the LM business; defining the product priorities, establishing well-defined, concentrated product initiatives based on a defined conceptual model rooted in market and problem command; working closely with Engineering and the wider cross functional team (particularly Sales, TechOps, and Marketing) for constant input and contribution to an iterative product management process that delivers the best quality product to the market. To be successful the Product Manager must be the expert on their product, understand how to analyze user needs, discover market problems and determine how LM products retain well-positioned, competitive strength in the market.
Here's a closer look at this key role:
- Own product area vision, strategy and prioritization based on internal and external research and evaluation
- Develop deep knowledge of market segments, formulating hypotheses & advocating product direction and roadmap
- Responsible for LM market competitiveness, and developing competitive positioning rationale with tightly-aligned product marketing personnel
- Ensure the product roadmap remains in an updated state and clearly reflects the current delivery plan
- Maintain and communicate future release content and schedules and ensure timely execution
- Own understanding of competitive environment and the business dynamics associated to the consumption of and value drivers of your product(s); and drive LM's relative competitive positioning of your product(s)
- Own and lead the success for your assigned product as measured by KPIs (e.g., revenue, customer adoption of new features etc.)
- Act as the subject matter expert for your product; including the related tech stack and how the market and our customers use and extract business value from your product(s)
- Ensure engagement and ongoing involvement from the cross functional team (Sales, TechOps, Customer Success, Marketing, etc.) to provide a continuous feedback loop into the product development process as a key daily sources of input, ideation and debate
- Develop and nurture client relationships to ensure you have a diverse and robust user group for validation of user stories, continuous feedback, beta test groups etc. Ensure you have clients who are "early adopters", "challengers" and "advocates"
- Develop and deliver marketing requirements documents (MRDs) with substantiated customer/market feedback to support the product definition plus internal alignment on engineering team capabilities
- Develop and deliver product requirements documents (PRDs) that adhere to overall product strategy and initiatives
- Include detailed contextual model, clear concise and comprehensive user stories to facilitate easier Engineering execution on product development priorities
- Proactively facilitate the agile development process by:
- Participating in scrums
- Maintaining a prioritized backlog
- Facilitating sprint planning and commitments
- Performing mid-sprint and pre-release acceptance review testing to ensure the delivered functionality meets the definition of done (meets the required use cases/user stories, passed QA and UAT testing, functional validation with end-users, have been documented, have marketing materials developed, are priced appropriately for the market, etc.)
- Partner with Marketing to ensure technical aspect of new and enhanced product features are well represented in public facing materials
- Drive product launch mechanics; from preparing cross functional teams and in conjunction with Product Marketing, ensure professional standard product rollout execution such that products become part of BAU (business as usual) at launch
- Provide final approval of products for launch which meet personal and company quality standards
- Lead company and market conversation and LM influence with analysts and LM community for your product category
Act as internal and external evangelist for the LogicMonitor product, providing trainings, documentation, tutorial videos, use cases, and other audience specific educational materials
Provide procedural, technical and business guidance to the Associate Product Managers through project leadership and daily task management
What You'll Need:
- 3+ years full lifecycle application product management experience
- BA/BS or equivalent, MBA, CS or CE degrees a plus
- Detail oriented, strategic thinker who can see the big picture and distill it into prioritized, actionable tasks
- Ability to excel in a fast paced environment, juggling multiple high priority tasks at once
Does this job speak to you? Send us your application! Take the next big step of your career at LogicMonitor.