Founded in 2012, OutboundEngine has helped over 10,000 small business owners market themselves by doing it for them. OutboundEngine automates email and social media marketing for small businesses by combining a simple, easy-to-use SaaS platform with professionally-written and beautifully-designed content. Our clients spend less time on marketing and more time serving their customers, and their customers get valuable content that they’re excited to engage with.
This role reports to the VP Product and will play a critical role in driving new product development and improvements of existing products. Our company and team culture is relaxed but results-oriented. We’re proud of our ability to move fast, get things done, and still keep the atmosphere light and fun.
What You’ll Do
- Drive strategy, specification and execution of new product initiatives. Build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with local business professionals. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Develop product pricing and positioning strategies
- Lead cross-functional teams including Engineering, Marketing, Sales and Customer Success to create, launch, enhance and drive business success of new and existing products.
- Identify key performance metrics and optimize product performance to meet and exceed performance goals. Perform ad-hoc analysis to extract insights from our data to drive product performance improvements.
What’s In It For You
- Competitive compensation with 401(k)
- 100% paid employee health insurance, plus dental, vision and life insurance
- Generous paid time off, plus the last two weeks of the year off
- Fun, energetic and casual downtown office loaded with snacks and drinks
- Weekly catered lunches
- Paid downtown parking or monthly metro pass
What We’re Looking For
- 2-5 years’ experience as a product manager in a dynamic, high-growth environment. Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout
- Experience in agile environment and rapidly iterated products.
- Broad expertise in product management, from technical development leadership to a keen view of customer experience and product improvements that move key performance metrics.
- A problem solver: you apply logic, creativity and persistence to find solutions
- A strong communicator: you combine words and visuals to turn data into a concise story
- Experience managing technical projects: you can gather requirements, scope a project, and work with engineers to see it through