Spreetail is a profitable and growing ecommerce company that builds technology, markets products and manages warehouses to offer the best prices on tens of thousands of items. Our purpose is to make a dent in the universe by delighting millions of customers, creating opportunity and wealth for our team, and revolutionizing the communities we touch.
We look for team members who embody our mantra:
Be relentless. Pursue challenges. Act like an owner. Raise your bar. Practice humility. Make Spreetail better.
As a part of the Merchandising team you will be responsible for planning and placing replenishment orders with our vendors and allocating where that inventory belongs in our fulfillment network.
As a Senior Planner, in addition to the responsibilities of Merchandise Planner, you will:
- Be responsible for the overall inventory strategy within a Pod. Including these KPIs of the pod - Out of stock rate, Inventory Turn, Obsolete Slow Moving Inventory, and Sell-Through Rate.
- Approve orders - approving the margin, quantity, order timing, and terms. In doing so you will lead our COGS strategy and influence the financial outcome. You will work with Vendor Managers to discontinue SKUs that do not meet profit thresholds.
- Drive open to buy process and results at a category, vendor and vendor manager level within the Pod.
- Partner with Finance to ensure our inventory strategy aligns with our financing capabilities.
- Provide in-depth analysis to identify opportunities to improve revenue and profitability from an inventory standpoint. Able to consolidate large volumes of data - shipments, sales, inventory, market share, markdown cadence.
- Build out a demand forecast for vendors and work with the replenishment team to schedule out orders with vendors to minimize out of stock rates, maximize inventory, and maximize efficiency.
- Continually review prior period performance and identify opportunities and threats in our inventory plan.
- Use channel data and customer insights to develop SKU level forecasts. Continually look for opportunities to improve this process.
- Identify ways to proactively move obsolete and slow-moving inventory while minimizing negative financial impact.
- Lead and develop Planners, Associate Planners, and Replenishment team members in their Pod.
- We look forward to learning more about your experience with:
- Leading people
- Inventory management, financial planning and financial analysis
- P&L management experience
- Process Management
- Strong Business Intelligence - complex SQL queries and data management
- Leadership of large business unit
Spreetail is growing rapidly; our team is challenged every single day to outwork and outthink the competition. We move fast, and no one has the luxury to wait around for someone else to make the first move. We dive in, we learn, we adapt, sometimes we fail, but we never remain stagnant.
We’ll reward you with:
- Stock appreciation rights
- Leadership development opportunities
- Untracked time off
- Group health insurance
- Yearly company trip
- Regular company-funded events and activities
- Dollar-for-dollar donation match
- Home purchase bonus after 2 years of employment
- Beach getaway after 3 years of employment
- 10-day sabbatical after 5 years of employment
Spreetail isn’t just a job or career, it’s a lifestyle that isn’t for the faint of heart. Expect to put in the necessary hours each week to get the job done and break out of your comfort zone to tackle problems and pursue innovative solutions. If you’re looking for a challenge and a career you can grow with, Spreetail is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.