Senior Product Manager, Marketplace Scores and Signals
The Opportunity: Interested in a rare opportunity to help craft the future of the sharing economy? Want to be an integral part of building the foundation of a global marketplace? Are you a Product Manager that is passionate about data and using data to drive personalized customer experiences through the power of data science models? HomeAway is an exciting, international, profitable company that is transforming the market to become the world’s leading vacation rental marketplace. We are searching for a Senior Product Manager to join HomeAway's Marketplace Design product team to partner with our data scientists and engineers in crafting models and data products that will power the next generation marketplace for vacation homes.
As a Senior Product Manager for Marketplace Scores and Signals, you’ll develop and evolve a suite of data products to score and predict important aspects of our marketplace. Simply put – we want you to be HomeAway’s leading expert on leveraging data to forecast and quantify actions in our marketplace. You will solve challenges such as predicting traveler affinity toward a specific home, predicting the likelihood of various outcomes for every reservation, and predicting the rental value of every potential vacation rental in the world.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as product expert combining industry analysis, end-user feedback, and development knowledge to establish a product vision and roadmap
- Cultivate effective engineering partnerships to deliver world-class solutions, serving as the product owner in an agile environment.
- Partner with leaders from across HomeAway, through open communication, to ensure we are building the correct data products to power a world-class marketplace.
- Partner with traveler and homeowner facing organizations across Expedia to understand needs, opportunities, and available data streams.
- Collaborate with data scientists and analysts to identify potential solution approaches.
- Help integrate data from Expedia and our partners, including ingestion, visualization, and interpretation of this critical data.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of software product management experience (eCommerce experience preferred) leading definition, delivery, and validation of new capabilities across a large organization.
- 3+ years owning software product roadmap which requires coordination across multiple engineering or data science teams.
- 2+ years experience in an agile “product owner” role: Defining and accepting work at the team level each development cycle.
- Previous data analytics domain experience, including creation of predictive and scoring models.
- Experience validating and quantifying impact of new features through design of effective tests.
- Ability to explain complex concepts clearly to non-subject matter experts
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills including creation and delivery of effective presentations
- Experience leading complex, multi-team, products from inception through launch and improvement
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or other technical discipline preferred
- May travel up to 10% including international travel
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.