Senior Product Manager, Ranking and Relevance
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
You are excited about building the most fair and personalized marketplace in the vacation rental space? You want to grow your strengths as a thought leader and visionary? You love 'nerding out' on data science problems?The Marketplace Performance team at HomeAway is growing fast. From developing personalization algorithms to lifting conversion, we are working to help property owners understand the behaviors that help the marketplace thrive while trying to guide travelers to a getaway they will love.
The role will confront challenges on data quality/scale, balance for partners, storytelling, teaching and design. The opportunity is so promising that Ranking is one of the foundations for the future of HomeAway and a disruptor to the industry.As a Senior Product Manager, you will work with the ranking metrics, revenue management, data science, data platform, partner and traveler teams to define the vision for Ranking. You’ll partner with our leaders to understand objectives, and then work alongside our engineers make them a reality. You will present frequently to C-levels, support teams, at public and private events and regular company all-hands. We’re looking someone who loves to get on stage and make complex problems seem simple. Simply put – we want you to be HomeAway’s leading authority on Ranking.
- Lead Ranking landscape with ownership of core ranking/relevance algorithms and technology platform
- Develop and execute the vision, strategy and roadmap for ensuring every HomeAway traveler can easily find the ultimate vacation rental via our relevancy models
- Drive algorithms that align the interests of Travelers, Owners, & HomeAway leading to increased customer relevance and greater marketplace contributions to their performance
- Team with the Traveler, Partner and Mobile product line teams to deliver a holistic search experience on HomeAway’s online and multi-channel platforms
- Act as the product champion evangelizing the product vision effectively to your teammates and partners and independently find alignment on product requirements
- Evolve marketplace algorithms through a “build, measure, learn” approach, informed by A/B testing and statistical analysis of search behaviors
- Conduct competitive analysis to identify gaps and opportunities that will further inform the product roadmap for our sort platformWords that describe you: empathetic, compassion, collaborative, self-starter, enthusiastic, articulate, daring, curious, confident, humility
- 5+ years product management experience understanding, communicating, and prioritizing technology business requirements
- You're a self-starter with proven strengths managing multiple projects at a time all while driving them to completion with little direction
- You posses confidence presenting in front of large audiences to evangelize and bring clarity to innovative technology for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to grow working relationships and encourage collaboration across multiple teams with diverse backgrounds
- Influencer skills: set shared expectations with business partners while maintaining positive relationships
- Ability to design, build and lead highly complex projects
- Comfort with statistics, economics and e-commerce fundamentals
- Agile approach to complex project schedules, resources and communications
- Solid understanding of technical concepts, architectural choice and their caveats is fundamental
- Experience working with or leading data scientists preferred
- Experience within the travel space or other eCommerce sites is a plus
- Masters degree in economics, statistics, decision systems, computer science
To understand the mission of HomeAway watch our ad by Prince EA, Working to Live or Living to Work, on our YouTube channel, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNRldP18bH8!
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.