Senior Product Manager
Our mission at ShipStation is to make every eCommerce seller, wherever they sell, however they ship, exceptionally efficient at delivering their online orders. We liberate entrepreneurs of all scales from logistical inefficiencies and complexities, so they can focus more on what they love: designing or sourcing their products, building businesses, and reaching their customers. We are the market leader in the eCommerce shipping space, with hundreds of millions of orders and shipments every month. We are succeeding in our mission and we are doing it at scale.
About the Product Team
It takes a cross-functional team to plan and deliver great products and experiences to market. Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Support, and all the other teams play key roles in that work. At ShipStation, UX and product are at the center of almost every important decision the company makes. Product Managers and Product Designers play a critical role in the organization. In fact, Product Managers and Product Designers are on the same team, literally -- all of them report up to our Chief Product Officer. Product Management and Design are different disciplines but, in practice, they involve highly overlapping skills, perspectives, and goals. They are highly complementary. Having them on the same team reduces conflict, avoids misalignment, increases collaboration, and ensures the strongest voice for UX/product experience in all decisions.
About the Role
Product Managers are at the center of all of the company’s activity. We play the role of conductor, enhancing our engineers, designers, and data scientists to build great product experiences.
As a Senior Product Manager for ShipStation, you will drive product initiatives from inception to execution, reporting directly to the CPO. First and foremost, you will be responsible for ensuring that you are spending time with our users to understand the pains they encounter in the course of their daily work. Once you have deep empathy for our users, you will collaborate closely with designers, engineers, analysts, data scientists, and other cross-functional team members to propose, ship, and refine delightful products.
We are looking for product managers who bring exceptional creative and analytical skills to drive forward a best-in-class product. You bring a customer-centric approach to your work, and a desire to build your skills as a product manager. We need people who love tackling technical and logistical complexity as well as taking responsibility for the success of our products in the market.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Ability to narrate a story for what problem you’re solving for and the vision you’re going after, combined with the capacity to dive into minute details.
- Familiarity with the concepts of design thinking and how rapid prototyping works.
- Strong focus on customers: you find a great deal of satisfaction in knowing users, who they are and what they do, but most importantly, why they do the things they do.
- Experience partnering with engineering and design to define, build and maintain products which are critical to growth, engagement, and retention. Also, a great track record with these collaborative relationships -- people want to work with you again.
- Obsession with understanding how your work is impacting customers and how the team’s hypotheses are playing out “in the wild” -- you love data!
- A growth mindset -- experience with rapid experimentation, increasing conversion, and reducing churn
- B2B product experience is a major plus
- Exceptional decision-making skills: given limited resources, how do you prioritize across needs
- Thrives in a startup-like environment: loves dealing with a fast pace, changing needs, big ideas, and finite resources
Some perks of working at ShipStation
- Top of the line workstation or laptop of your choosing
- Monthly team building events (think team happy hours, crawfish boils, and volunteer events)
- Unlimited drinks and snacks of your choice + “Beer Fridays”!
- Weekly catered lunches (with healthy options too!)
- Full health, dental, vision insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase and 401k plans
- Flexible vacation and paid holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled