Senior Technical Product Manager, Finance and Accounting Systems
Passionate about a rare opportunity to help craft the future of alternative accommodations within travel? Are you a Product Manager that is passionate about building phenomenal products and loves technology? HomeAway is an exciting, international, profitable company that is transforming the market to become the world’s leading vacation rental marketplace.
We are searching for a Senior Product Manager to join our team to define and build products that power the next generation Finance and Accounting technologies that supports the largest vacation rental marketplace in the world. As part of HomeAway's Technology team that enables Back Office functions, you will contribute to the success of the team by owning the overall technology product lifecycle: setting the strategic vision and product roadmap based on collaborating with internal partners to design, implement, test, refine and deploy new features. You will serve as a product authority combining domain expertise, end-user feedback, and development knowledge to establish a product vision, multi-year solution roadmap, and an effective engineering partnership to deliver solutions that your customers love.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the product vision and strategy of products that empower best in class finance, accounting and human resource systems.
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify future needs and prioritize development and delivery, balancing the needs of all involved.
- Monitor and investigate internal customer feedback to ensure their concerns are being addressed through technology.
- Partner with the Finance, Accounting and eCommerce teams to ensure platforms and features are clearly defined and properly delivered to ensure immediate and future success.
- Engage business partners to curate their requirements into prioritized roadmaps and backlogs.
- Work with Business Intelligence and Data Science teams to build new and innovative financial forecasting tools
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure smooth launches of new capabilities that ensure more efficient, timely and accurate global financial accounting and reporting.
- Work with the executive management team to ensure they are fully engaged in technology decisions that impact Finance and Accounting.
Who you are:
You have demonstrated relevant and current expertise in directing strategy and development of business-to-business and/or financial accounting-focused products and services. The Product Manager should be passionate about well-designed products, end user experience, and current and evolving standard methodologies in software development.
- 5+ years of Product Management experience in a high-tech company.
- Prior experience delivering online eCommerce, Finance or Banking focused products.
- Prior experience and passion developing platform products.
- Experience utilizing web analytics and testing tools to aid business decisions.
- Deep understanding of Finance and Accounting technologies, and processes.
- Experience working with Oracle Financials or equivalent finance and accounting platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in adopting agile product management methodologies, standards and policies.
- Strong communication and presentation abilities.
- High level of initiative and desire to build an extraordinary user experience for our internal customers.
- Scrum Master or Certified Product Owner certifications a plus.
- Experience with online travel and/or consumer market places preferred.
- Prior experience with Human Resources, Procurement or ERP related platforms preferred.
- Prior financial accounting experience a plus.
- BS or BA in related field preferred.
- Willing to travel up to 10%.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.