Sr. Product Analyst
Do you love analysis? Do you love vacations too? Do you want a job where you can swipe right for both analysis and vacations? The Sr. Product Analyst is someone who is passionate about learning the business and using data, technology and analytics to provide valuable insights to drive the company’s critical business decisions.
What you’ll do:
- Measure the impact of our partner products on conversion and revenue
- Influence the product team to make data driven decisions
- Complete exploratory deep dives in to data to find ways to optimize the partner experience
- Craft and present complex business case studies
- Develop, run and monitor A/B tests
- Build comprehensive dashboards
- Be a HomeAway data guru - be the point of contact for all data questions and insights
Day-to-Day responsibilities include:
- Partner with product managers and internal teams to address complex business questions and provide insightful analysis and strategic recommendations through strong storytelling capabilities to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Turn data-based observations and insights into hypotheses through analytical rigor, leading to A/B tests that will confirm or deny those hypotheses and ultimately improve the performance of our sites
- Take ownership, from definition to reporting, of the metrics related to the product that you support
- Monitor engagement and conversion trends across the HomeAway worldwide network, identify breaks in trends, understand underlying drivers, and surface opportunities and threats
- Develop product analysis advanced metrics and visuals, by collecting and integrating data from various sources, including web analytics tools and internal databases
- Take initiative in solving business questions that data could potentially answer by producing top down data driven solutions to address them
- Strong product development mindset and focus on actionable analytics: e.g. Ability to surface signals in our data and work with Product/Engineering to transform these into concrete tests
- Experience using relational databases and big data via writing performant queries in SQL against large datasets in EDW, AWS and Hadoop environments
- Understanding of Clickstream data and ability to extract and analyze event data
- Creative, global thinker & team player
- Strong SQL skills are required (MSSL, BQ, Hive, Presto)
- Strong skills in Tableau, Looker, R, Python required for data analysis, structuring, transforming and visualizing
- Statistical knowledge and modeling is an added bonus
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's in an analytical field and 5+years of experience OR Master’s and 3+years of experience
- Ability to work independently with high-level direction, willingness to engage with partners across many disciplines
- Proficient at analyzing and interpreting data to while also acting as a mentor to other analysts from other internal teams
- Consistent ability to produce quality, accurate and highly detailed work products
- Experience in a relevant area – travel, ecommerce, or real estate is a strong plus
- Inquisitive and curious minds only need to apply
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary, health and insurance benefits
- Annual target bonus
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.