Sr Product Manager, Search
We are honored to be recognized as a multi-award winning organization. We've been ranked as a Top Workplace and a Best Place to Work in Austin. We've been ranked multiple times in the Inc. 5000 and Inc. 500 for fastest growing companies in the U.S. You'll also find us on the Austin Business Journal's Fast 50 growth awards list multiple times over the last 5 years. We're growing the right way, and we need exceptional talent to help us build upon our successful story.
Talroo's data-driven talent attraction platform enables companies to reach the best audiences to deliver hires. Providing access to Jobs2Careers, one of the largest job search platforms in the industry, Talroo takes an efficient, market-based approach to finding talent. Talroo was created to unify the Jobs2Careers brand with a growing suite of employer solutions. Within our exciting company, you’ll find an environment of collaboration, encouragement, transparency, and fun.
About the position:
As a Senior Product Manager at Talroo, you’ll lead the product vision and strategy for search, working closely with data science, search engineering, and our platform teams. You will have significant influence and need to work both strategically (figuring out what we’re trying to accomplish and why) and tactically (determining how we’re going to accomplish the goals you’ve set).
We are looking to hire someone who is hungry to significantly scale a business — not just grow it .01 percent. You've launched successful new consumer-facing products and iterated on them. You've led with influence, authored a vision, and rallied other product teams to your cause. You’ve been a force-multiplier for your engineering team. You’ve successfully handled the trade-offs between technical debt and new features. You've built products in domains where performance matters. You're eager to learn from failures - not just from successes.
- Product lead for search engineering and data science ranking and relevance teams
- Quickly understand search, personalization, and query understanding; own product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Set and meet visionary goals to help refine the Talroo search experience
- BA/BS; graduate degree a plus, technical degree a strong plus
- 4+ years of product management experience; experience in search, data science / machine learning, and API-heavy products a plus
- Exceptional teamwork skills; ability to gain the respect of your design, engineering and marketing counterparts
- Data-centricity; a deep curiosity of metrics, the ability to identify the right metrics and track and report back on impact
- Creativity; lots of fresh ideas and be hungry to test them and see the results
- Strongly technical; experience partnering closely with engineering teams in the past
- Worked on a successful consumer search product, and on many parts of the product: Ranking & relevance, UX, and performance engineering
- Launched & iterated on multiple products
- Competitive compensation package
- Company-paid gym membership
- Comprehensive, company-paid health, vision, and dental insurance premiums for you and your dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan with 3% employer contribution
- Paid company holidays, vacation and sick time
- Fully-stocked kitchen
- Awesome company events
Talroo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.