Technology Productivity Consultant – Austin, TX
Let us introduce ourselves:
Founded in 1993, Amherst Holdings LLC is a privately owned financial services holdings company headquartered in Austin, TX. We provide a variety of products and services for institutional clients across the globe and pursue opportunities in the capital markets leveraging our deep expertise and proprietary market leading data analytics platform. We have developed cutting edge tools and methodologies that give us the competitive edge in our securities, loan origination, and asset management lines of business.
What we’re looking for, in a nutshell:
Your mission is to help people work smarter, not harder! You are the MacGyver of productivity, information management, and business process. You love finding new and creative ways to solve complex problems, manage data, troubleshoot technology systems, and balance information overload. Managing details, identifying inefficiencies, locating data and communication breakdowns, and improving/streamlining the flow of information is what you do best.
Your end goal is taking internal clients forward so that they can achieve success in whatever they do.
A little more about this role:
- Serves as system-wide subject matter expert for productivity benchmarks, technology uses and common practices; remains up-to-date on improvements in the tech industry that drive staff efficiency.
- Research and recommend productivity technologies and solutions, while justifying ROI to be gained by implementation of technologies
- Supports ongoing strategic initiatives by seeking opportunities to staff more efficiently; provides expert-level recommendations toward improving staff utilization and efficiency
- Designs and builds productivity tracking tools, and associated governance structures that monitor and ensure adherence to benchmarks; establishes regular process of reviewing benchmarks and updating productivity information; works with appropriate resources to ensure organizational productivity tracking tools are hardwired and accurately maintained
- Collaborates with and coaches leaders across the organization to explain current labor performance and opportunities for improvement
- Responsible for reviewing, interpreting, analyzing and illustrating data in a manner that supports learning, innovative-thinking and decision-making
- Develops queries and provides accurate data files to serve as the foundation of various analyses, while ensuring overall data integrity
What you’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Finance, Analytics, Accounting or related field required, MBA preferred
- 3-5 years technology decision support, product consulting and/or organizational design experience is required
- Experience with being a technology evangelist, advocating for and evangelizing technology and productivity solutions
- Demonstrated experience monitoring and managing benchmark data to inform productivity calculations and measurements is required; in-depth understanding of data and staffing normalization process is necessary
- Demonstrated experience developing benchmarks for areas in which industry benchmarks are not available
- Experience in SQL preferred
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!
Read Full Job Description