WELL DATA PRODUCT MANAGER
Why YOU want this position:
As a Well Data Product Manager, you are at the center of a diverse group of stakeholders working hard to develop, support, and sell the oil and gas industry’s leading well, production and engineering data products. Internally, you will work closely with the other product managers, data engineering team and with Sales, Support and Marketing. In addition, you will spend up to 25% of your time working with customers. This role requires a focus on developing requirements in support of a relational data system that models the industry, knowledge of customer workflows, and great communication skills. This position is based in Austin, TX and reports to the Director of Data Integration.
About the Role:
- You will be responsible for synthesizing the input of customers, internal subject matter experts, and sales to define the company well model and data products.
- Conduct detailed analysis of source data, relationships to other data objects and create business rules in support of building out Drillinginfo’s central well data system
- Develop detailed technical requirements to be implemented by the engineering team
- Collaborate with other product managers to prioritize data product releases based on the company roadmap, currently available resources, the most recent customer feedback, and changing market conditions
- Work with Sales, Support and Marketing teams to provide training, demos, go-to-market messaging, webinars and product value propositions
- Travel, not to exceed 25%, is required of this role
Competitive Candidate Profile:
- Five years of experience in the upstream oil and gas industry
- Strong working knowledge of at least one major industry software system is preferred. You will be expected to become a power-user of Drillinginfo’s web application tools and data delivery products.
- Degree in Petroleum Engineering or another industry related domain. Alternatively, advanced working experience in the industry may substitute an industry related degree. Must have a working knowledge of the entire oil and gas life cycle including land, permitting, drilling, completing, production, asset evaluation and economics.
- Strong ability to conduct data research and analysis
- Basic understanding of database concepts and strong desire to develop basic level SQL query capabilities geared towards analysis within Drillinginfo’s central data system
- Basic understand of programming or scripting a plus
- Basic understanding of GIS software and concepts a plus
- Basic understanding of oil and gas regulatory reporting practices a plus
- Success in sales or product management a plus