Business Consultant, Principal
The Business Consultant, Principal’s responsibility is to drive client adoption and business success within a network of clients. This individual should be comfortable at both consulting with and negotiating with senior fundraising management, backed by a strong understanding of their business objectives. Key to this role is the ability to articulate value, inspire and sell Fundraising Performance Management (FPM) ability to improve fundraising productivity. As a trusted advisor and coach, the BCP determines how FPM can be effectively applied to support the achievement of the client’s strategic business goals. The BCP should have a good understanding of fundraising management business processes, strong analytical skills, as well as good account management expertise.
The BCP will be responsible for driving better business results across their client base by sharing best practices and changing how clients fundraise. This individual will work closely with the Customer Success team to help negotiate and drive renewals to successful completion. They will maintain strong relationships with multiple contacts within the assigned clients including senior executive roles and navigate any management transitions to ensure continuity of Blackbaud and FPM relationship. They will provide the escalation point for issues that impact the client’s success. They will maintain strong relationships with Blackbaud’s other client-facing personnel in Sales, Customer Success, Marketing and the Product Team.
- Develop trusted relationship with the client executive sponsor (Business Owner) for the FPM relationship
- Define and maintain alignment on the client business objectives, (Advisor Agenda) across the client executive team.
- Manage resources for training and configuration in support of the clients Advisor Agenda
- Conduct quarterly meetings with client Business Owner to provide progress reports and associated business driving observations.
- Facilitate discussions with client executive team to drive change to better clients’ results.
- Introduce client to new functionality or training curriculum related to their business priorities.
- Serve as a client advocate in identifying areas for FPM product development, curriculum development, and fundraising best practice.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of the Fundraising Performance Management, and its application in the world of fundraising management.
- Keep abreast of competitive offerings and provide persuasive point-of-differentiation for FPM offering.
- Participate in marketing events, conferences and trade shows as requested
- Participate in the development and delivery of Blackbaud client webinars and events
- Stay abreast of staffing changes in client institutions, as well as related institutions within the network, with an eye toward managing transitions to protect and expand the business relationship.
- Drive for 100% customer retention by meeting or exceeding stated client business objectives.
- Approximately 20-25% travel is required for this position.
- 10 Years of relevant work experience with minimum 5 years in higher education market or healthcare fundraising
- 3+ years of management consulting experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven effectiveness in leading and facilitating workshops across varied audiences
- Proven experience in managing large complex projects
- Exceptional oral, written, and presentation skills.
- BA/BS degree, MBA preferred