IT Program Manager- Retail
About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
Kendra Scott is looking to hire an IT Program Manager to provide vision and leadership for developing and supporting multiple enterprise initiatives. The Program Manager directs the planning and implementation of enterprise IT systems to enable business processes and operation.
This IT Program Manager is responsible for the planning, development, implementation, and administration of standards for large-scale, complex projects, application life cycle management, and management of the project portfolio, as related to IT resources and coordination of cross-team development efforts, internally and externally.
• Plan, manage and monitor multiple projects through their project and application lifecycles.
• Directly supervise project managers and project leaders.
• Work closely with the IT application development organization, third-parties and outsourced providers to ensure effective documentation engenders good communication and productivity throughout the process, and that risks are appropriately mitigated.
• Monitor progress of development and implementation projects through stage gate checkpoints.
• Establish and provide direction that is based on industry best practices and standards. Ensure that project and baseline activity is performed using the selected project lifecycle framework and methodology.
• Partner with the delivery organization, monitor project status and risk, ensuring timely reporting and issue escalation.
• Skillfully interact with outsourced service providers, software and hardware vendors, service representatives, user groups, and peers in other companies, as applicable, outwardly modeling core pillars of Fashion, Family and Philanthropy.
• Keep senior IT management informed of status of project portfolio, planning and resources.
• Assist in the development of a multi-year strategic roadmap and project sequencing.
• Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with IT and business leadership.
• Interact with all levels of management within IT and other areas of the company.
• Participate in business systems planning and detailed analytical studies. Ensure detailed review addresses business issues, applies standards and methods (manual and automated), identifies alternatives, analyzes costs and benefits, and recommends solutions.
• Provide input to IT senior leadership for budget, and long-range business systems planning.
• Provide quality assurance for the process and documentation, to meet compliance requirements.
• Maintain knowledge of industry standards, ITIL, applicable compliance standards, and changing technologies. Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the standards and practices, comparing those results to third-party standards to implement continuous improvement.
• Evaluate, propose and establish use of selected Project Portfolio Management (PPM) and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools as needed.
• Work with Vendor Management to ensuring that the service providers meet their Service Level Agreement while continuing to operate within the forecasted and contracted resource levels.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field; relevant graduate degree is strongly preferred
• 5+ years’ experience in a similar role with a specialty retailer required
• 5+ years’ experience managing major systems projects
• 5+ years of working with outsourced providers to deliver projects
• 5+ years of direct management responsibility over teams of 5 or more
• 3+ years in application development
• Oracle Retail or Aptos strongly preferred
• Broad range of experience with an omni-channel retail business model
• Demonstrated ability to lead effectively within a matrix management environment, consisting of third-party providers, outsourced resources, vendors, business management and IT resources is expected
• Must have knowledge and experience effectively planning and executing projects within an outsourced environment
• Experience both maintaining and building/deploying new solutions
• Experience managing and delivering solutions deployed on a variety of technical platforms and environments, with cloud strongly preferred
• Proactive, strategic thinker and detail-oriented
• PMP and/or ITIL certification is strongly preferred
• Prior responsibility for project portfolio management, application lifecycle management, IT planning and/or vendor management is preferred
• Strong business and financial analysis skills are expected
• Experience working for a top-tier consulting firm is desirable
• Proactive, holistic, strategic thinker yet detail-oriented
• Experience with MS O365, Visio, Atlassian, Jira, Confluence