IT Project Manager I - Business Transformation
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
We are looking for an experienced IT Project Manager to organize, coordinate, and execute our Business Transformation projects at Forcepoint. She/he will be responsible for managing IT project scope, impact, and complexity through all phases of the lifecycle. This role will work with various business units including Product, R&D Lab Teams, Global Infrastructure, Tech Support, Engineering and represent IT in non-IT driven initiatives. The IT Project Manager will provide strategic guidance to teams and project managers in ways that promote the company’s culture. This role will also be very process focused and the ideal candidate will be a solid transformation change professional. The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader and will have experience in managing staff of different disciplines to produce results in a timely manner.
This position is an Individual Contributor and reports to the ePMO Director.
- Formulate, organize and monitor inter-connected IT business transformation projects
- Keep senior executives and business teams updated on project timelines and results.
- Evaluate existing processes and procedures. Make recommendations and drive process improvement and adoption of best practices to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Conduct change management efforts of moderate to high complexity impacting one or multiple mission’s cross-functional processes
- Decide on suitable strategies and objectives
- Coordinate cross-project activities
- Lead and evaluate project managers and other staff
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets and activities
- Apply change, risk and resource management
- Assume responsibility for the program’s people and vendors
- Assess program performance and aim to maximize ROI
- Resolve projects’ higher scope issues
- Prepare reports for program directors
- Requirements gathering and project delivery
- 1-3 years proven experience as an IT Project Manager or other managerial position
- Experience with Data Center, Network, Call Center, CRM and ERP systems, basic web applications, customizable and configurable Hosted applications, and Complex Application integrations.
- Ability to lead without authority to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Ability to develop strong cross-team relationships and partnerships
- Skilled at dealing with ambiguity in a rapidly growing and changing environment
- Aptitude for identifying areas for improvement and developing appropriate new processes
- Technical enough to be comfortable asking questions to dig into development issues, quickly gather and synthesize information, devise a plan, get buy-in and move towards resolution
- Strong communication and negotiations skills (influencer)
- Confidant in working with Executive team members
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Experience in a company that has scaled or experience in both small and large software development organizations.
- Knowledge of formal agile software development methodologies
- Salesforce.com and Cognos experience highly preferable
- Thorough understanding of IT project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office; working knowledge of program/project management software (Basecamp, MS Project etc.) is a strong advantage
- BSc/BA diploma in management or a relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
Our Executive Portfolio Management team is a strong, dedicated group of experienced Program and Project Managers. We are a highly visible group collaborating with our partners in product, engineering, design, support and other functions across the company. Our collaborative team manages dependencies within the enterprise and operates between engineering and the business to bring some of the most innovative never-been-done-before solutions to market. The Program Management team drives standards across the organization and focuses on improving efficiency and quality.