Junior Technical Project Manager – Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
Amherst is hiring for an energetic, hungry and highly organized Junior Technical Project Manager that enjoys wearing multiple hats and thrives in fast-paced environments. In this role you have a variety of duties in support of our technology team including; managing multiple complex projects concurrently, providing day-to-day communication, coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks; assisting with prioritization and resolution of issues.
A little more about this role:
- Desire to learn and take on any projects or tasks assigned to you
- Prepare executive-level business and project plans with limited direction
- Schedule meetings with project teams, stakeholders and other participants; prepare agendas; and take meeting minutes including discussion points and action items
- Drive the execution of project plans, direct and monitor work efforts on a daily basis, identify resource needs, perform quality review; escalate functional, quality, and timeline issues appropriately and ensure issue resolution
- Provide leadership to project team members in order to achieve project goals
- Participate in overseeing project implementation, team motivation, facilitate discussion, and manage conflict resolution
What you’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree with preference for technology or business based programs or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years of software development project coordination / management experience
- Strong analytical, organizational and coordination skills are a MUST; We desire someone with extreme multi-tasking capabilities with a “get things done” attitude and approach for every project thrown your way
- Proficiency with MS office suite of tools with moderate to advanced skills in Excel
- Familiarity with software development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Kanban, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Jira and Confluence
- Intellectually curious with the ability to quickly pick up technical tools and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!