Manager, Technical Partner Advocacy
Are you passionate about travel? Do you want to be in a high pace, high energy workplace bent on revolutionizing the industry? Are you a hands-on individual that has the ability to work independently and provide thoughtful leadership to teams?
HomeAway has an exciting opportunity for a passionate, high energy Manager, Technical Partner Advocacy in its Austin, Texas headquarters. HomeAway, a member of the Expedia family of brands, based in Austin, Texas, is the world’s leading online marketplace of vacation rentals. HomeAway® offers an extensive selection of vacation homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
The manager, technical partner advocacy is a member of the global partner services team and manages technical partner advocates globally. The manager, technical partner advocacy (TPA) is responsible for running all aspects of the team, including processes, stakeholder communication, reporting, and collaboration with other teams, such as partner success, product, product marketing, and technical relationship management (TRM).
- Responsible for client deep-dive investigations and consults on performance and optimization
- Communicates with partner success managers to ensure delivery of key cases within sales timelines
- Coordinates with the partner success, tier 2 integration support, and TRM managers to deliver smooth hand-offs and coordinated processes between teams
- Maintains and optimizes team processes; develops new team processes in coordination with team members, as well as other teams, with a focus on optimizing client performance
- Coordinates with TRM and channel operations to identify and implement ways to optimize performance with partners
- Works with product to help define specs for products related to team responsibilities and helps to test new products
- Assists team with troubleshooting and handles raised concerns, as needed
- Tracks and provides data on team critical metrics related to client satisfaction, project completion, etc.
- Plans and owns execution of other related projects, as assigned
- Detail-oriented, quality-focused, organized self-starter
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to actively identify complexities and retain ownership of issues through resolution
- Ability to understand complex problems, assess and vet all available information, and provide and implement successful solutions
- Experience establishing KPIs, reporting on results, and adjusting procedures to improve results
- 3-4 years of experience in implementation management, client services project management, or engagement management
- 3-4 years of management experience, including experience leading a team spread across multiple locations and leading through other managers
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fluency in Spanish, French, German, Italian, or Portuguese a plus
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.