Principal Consultant - Client Services
Headspring is a leading custom software, systems integration and mobile application development company. We are looking for a consultant with a strong track record of delivering great software projects that transform organizations. An ideal candidate will have an immediate impact within our team that includes some of the best and brightest engineers, project managers and designers in Texas.
Unlike most consulting companies, we take a unique approach to solution delivery and do almost all our work from our own offices - while still maintaining high customer intimacy and alignment. We strive to deliver solutions with lasting value, meeting not only the client's expectations, but also their unexpressed needs. At Headspring, you will own your experience and achieve beyond your perceived potential. We hire and work with innovators with a bias towards action, and that means maintaining an autonomous environment where they’ll flourish. Our Core Values are non-negotiable and our commitment to culture is why we’ve been recognized year-over-year as one of the Best Companies to Work for in Texas. We are an authentic and transparent workplace that values people and you’ll know it from our great benefits package, fully-stocked kitchen, weekly company company-wide meetings, and an unbelievably accessible leadership team, all the way to the founder.
The day to day:
As a Principal Consultant, you will be an expert contributing to different phases of the client lifecycle including definition of the problem, scoping, creation of the solution, development and delivery of the final solution. You will also play a critical role in mentoring and coaching Headspring staff.
Client Engagement Management
- Develop strategic, lasting relationships with client
- Be the voice of the customer and drive the engagement structure with client, sales and delivery
- Proven track record of providing service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs, evaluating and validating analyses and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement
- Advise clients, manage teams, execute projects and deliver results
- Understands client’s strategic partnerships and how best to leverage them
- Helps team establish and maintain client relationships
- Participate in development and presentation of client presentations to C-suite
- Proven track record of successfully delivering transformative software systems
- Oversee the quality of deliverables and effectively manage high performing teams and ensure exceptional performance
- Coordinate and track project schedule, budget, & scope.
- Work with the implementation team to identify & implement solution, including UI/UX and backend development.
- Communicate regularly with the client and internal Headspring stakeholders regarding project status, risks, & issues.
- Manage activities for multiple projects across all project phases, including initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & control, & closure.
- Work collaboratively with various project stakeholders, including business & technical teams.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the project & team, including daily standups, task assignment, demos, & status.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs and balance business needs with technical constraints
- Create, maintain and disseminate project/program information to stakeholders
- Experience establishing and implementing best practices and obtaining buy in from key stakeholders
- Ability to lead proposal development and pursuits for various client programs
Mentor and People Management
- Mentor project team as well as other project leads in order to encourage growth
- Act as mentor and coach, providing continual guidance and oversight to junior staff
Internal Capability Building
- Thought Leadership – develop and enhance Headspring’s methods, tools and templates to deliver better client experience
- Design and rollout best practices across the organization
- Proactively recognize and drive opportunities to simplify processes
- Solution creation and understanding of how software is built and delivered is critical
- Experience eliciting business and technical requirements from a client and translating them into user stories
To qualify you will need:
- At least 7+ years hands-on project leadership experience and client engagement in a software consulting environment
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
- Strong process improvement and change management skills
- Strong project and program management skills
- Ability to navigate difficult conversations with clients and staff
- Analytical skills/critical thinking and demonstration of creative problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills and executive presence
- Track record of flexibility and learning agility
- Ability to adapt communication skills to different communication style & preferences
- Exceptional attention to detail, along with solid “follow-through”, communication, and documentation skills
- Flexible management approach depending on the needs of the particular client/project
- Highly motivated and independent working skills, while mentoring others to enable team-wide success
- Demonstrate the ability to find additional areas to provide value to clients
- Managing staff and providing valuable, actionable feedback
- Has experience defining and managing KPIs
- Strong operational understanding and ability to analyze cost/benefit trade offs
- Consulting experience is a must
Why Headspring is a Best Place to Work Year After Year
At Headspring, we believe there’s a better way and it all starts with people. We offer a variety of benefits and programs to ensure you love what you do and do what you love. Our core values are exemplified with the following perks.
Drive for Excellence
- Consistent work-life balance
- Competitive salaries and 401(k) with company matching
- Special Interest Groups flourish here including investment educators, bowling teams, tough mudder runners, trivia rockstars and musical jam sessions
- Open-office environment for easy collaboration
People Are Valued
- The majority of premiums for medical, vision and dental and a substantial amount of dependent premiums are covered
- Fully stocked kitchen with yummy (and healthy!) snacks
- Convertible desks with options for you to sit or stand
- Weekly company-wide meetings where every business unit reports relevant updates
- Information is shared widely, openly and without hesitation
- Quarterly off site events that involve adventure, team building, food, drinks, families and always a good time
Passion for Learning and Growth
- Education reimbursement
- Weekly catered lunch and learns
- Continuous learning on a broad spectrum of business and technical topics through our Learning Hour program
- Career mentorship from some of the best technical talent in the industry
- Grow and Give referral program offering opportunities for matched giving to your charity of choice