Program Lead – Americas, Channel Operations
HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the worldleader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands. HomeAwayoffers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelerswith memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, forless than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makesit easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise theirproperties and manage bookings online.
HomeAway isthe global leader in vacation rentals (VR). VRs represent the second largesttravel accommodation option, behind only traditional hotels and resorts.Further, they are the fastest growing segment within the travel accommodationsindustry. In the coming years, HomeAway aspires to hyper-charge VR industrygrowth by taking this category mainstream.
HomeAway islooking for an Americas Program Lead within the Channel Operations team todevelop and grow business relationships within our existing supply channelpartnerships. This role will have a particular focus in helping to acquire,implement and grow relationships with Property Management Software Companies(“PMSCs”) across North, Central and South America.
HomeAwayis actively seeking extraordinary people who have demonstrated:
- Successful account management and relationship building
- The role of a critical thinker
- You have a strong program management background
- The capability to lead highly complex, cross-departmentprojects and teams
- Interest and experience within consumer and/ortechnology products
- Real passion for the VR industry to help take ourcategory mainstream
The AmericasProgram Lead is responsible for:
Americas business development and businessgrowth (40%)
- You will work to develop a clear strategy on how toeducate and build the existing portfolio plus, look for opportunities relatedto all HomeAway brands in the region (i.e., HomeAway, OwnersDirect,Fewo-Direkt, Abritel, Homelidays, etc.).
- Identify potential new partners to be included in theHomeAway program(s)
- Help negotiate and structure partnershipcontracts/agreements
Americas business development program operations(60%)
- Will work effectively across all business functions atHomeAway (i.e., Executive management, Corporate strategy, Corporate businessintelligence, Partner Success, Marketing, Finance, Product and development,eCommerce, etc.) to ensure exceptional delivery of partnerships.
- You will identify and be an advocate for segment needswithin the broader HomeAway organization
- Continuously identify and deliver program improvementsto further align and grow the partnerships and their incremental businesscontribution
- Serve as the primary point of contact for criticalissues. Resolve any business and technical challenges while ensuring partnercompliance
- Work closely with HomeAway Marketing teams to design andimplement effective co-marketing campaigns. Help develop awareness aboutHomeAway partner integrations
- Coordination with HomeAway Partner Success teams toachieve high levels of inventory participation of each partner and improvebookings and performance
- Develop, maintain, andcommunicate reporting on partnership effectiveness to both internal leadershipand partners including:
- Computation of partner financial incentives, tier-levelsand benefits, and (2) Measurement and optimization of key performanceindicators (e.g., Customer penetration, Partner NPS, Incremental revenuegeneration, etc.).
- Help facilitate the integration process throughpre-integration business assessment, integration program management and issueresolution, and post-integration launch
- Develop a strong level of understanding of our technicalstructure, integration capabilities and compliance requirement
- You can demonstrate a strong record of academicexcellence:
- College/University degree combining business, computerscience and/or IT a plus
- MBA from a premier program a plus
- You can provide evidence of professional performance:
- 5+ years of meaningful work experience is desired
- Your experience in travel and/or vacation rentals issomething you love
- Experience in consumer products and/ortechnology/web/eCommerce
- Experience in business development within a web-basedB2B environment a strong plus
- Confirmed experience handling partnerships in acollaborative, cross-team project setting, with or without direct reportingrelationships
- Ability to understand the “big picture" quickly,identify key issues, and prioritize analysis
- A high tolerance for ambiguity with the aim to takeaction despite incomplete information
- Excellent analytic skills to drive analysis with orwithout the aid of additional resources.
- The ability to communicate complex business problems andinsights to a wide audience
- Strong social, communication and presentation skills
- A real passion for the travel and vacation rentalindustries
- Your technical understanding of integration technologiesand management software is desired:
- XML, APIs, etc.
- Multiple language proficiency in a business setting astrong plus:
- English is required
- German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Mandarin,Arabic or other desired
- Experience with agile work-flow and technologiesdesired:
- SalesForce, JIRA, Atlassian, etc.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitivehealth and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxablebenefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadershipteam.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and valuediversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, maritalstatus, veteran status, or disability status.