Project Manager - UX Market Research
In our fast-moving, heavily matrixed organization, with constant requests for researcher time and lab resources, we are looking for a hardworking Project Manager to assist with project coordination and communication. You will use your solid background in project execution to keep leadership and partners up-to-date on project status, and to help us organize and manage multiple research workstreams. You will be an important of how HomeAway learns the needs of our diverse customer base, and delivers actionable insights to our Marketing and Product teams. If you have a passion for Project Management and are excited about seeing your work used to inspire changes that will impact millions of users, then we’d like to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- Primary objectives:
- Provide project support across a wide range of research projects to ensure market research delivers the highest level of effectiveness and impact.
- This is a project management role focused on managing tools, timelines, resources, and scope for research projects. This is not a research role and not a people management role.
- Manage tools and portals including the HomeAway Global Customer Satisfaction Study, HomeAway Global Brand Tracking, HomeAway Voices (opt-in research community).
- Manage stakeholder’s project relationships and conduct regular research project status updates and other communications.
- Participates in relevant Marketing and cross-team meetings and communication forums.
- Develop, maintain and report on a system of project metrics including duration, cost, email subject line, open rate, completion rate, outcomes and others.
- Support global research by developing and managing a system to support survey translations.
- Develop and manage a robust sample management program, including managing survey invitation request system, feedback loops to report on completed surveys.
- Ensure market research is accessible enterprise-wide by managing, updating and improving the consumer insights library.
Who you are:
- Completion of related Bachelors and 5+ years experience; advanced degree in Project Management, Marketing or related areas a plus.
- Office productivity and communication software, Excel or other spreadsheets; Project management software.
- Skilled communicator, negotiator, and detail oriented.
- Familiarity with most common research techniques (lab usability, remote usability, biometrics, survey, interviews, focus groups, heuristic evaluations, card sorting, etc.).
- Able to communicate clearly, persuasively and professionally.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.