Regulatory Operations Specialist
Are you passionate about travel? Do you want to be in a high pace, high energy workplace bent on revolutionizing the industry?
HomeAway, an Expedia Group brand is hiring for a Regulatory Operations Specialist to manage a portfolio of compliance initiatives and help our Government Relations team differentiate HomeAway in the communities where we operate. You will maintain strong alignment with key departments to ensure our response to evolving regulations are well planned and effectively executed. You will be responsible for regulatory deliverables and liaise with municipal staff to identify and resolve any compliance-related issues that arise. You will partner with Regional Leaders, Product, Marketing, Customer Experience, Legal and Government Affairs to collaborate on action plans, lead execution and track overall progress. You will partner with our Government Relations team to champion the HomeAway value proposition.
What you’ll do:
- Lead by example in demonstrating HomeAway’s commitment to community partnership;
- Manage a cross functional team in completing regulatory deliverables ahead of deadline(s);
- Establish secure data transfer methods with jurisdictions and identify and resolve issues;
- Continuously improve regulatory compliance processes and methods, develop controls framework to identify and resolve compliance gaps;
- Partner with Product and Engineering to develop scalable process and tools;
- Establish quality control feedback loop between municipal staff and HomeAway tools and processes.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA a plus;
- 4+years of experience with exposure to operations and / or E-commerce;
- Experience with regulatory compliance operations, two-sided marketplaces a plus;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to influence others;
- Track record of creative and structured problem solving;
- Understanding of common reporting and file transfer technologies.
- Keys to Success in the Role:
- Moving quickly and deliberately, using data to guide decisions and testing to achieve breakthroughs;
- Welcoming new ideas and opinions, especially if they challenge your beliefs; actively listening with humility and respect;
- Playing to win and openly discussing options when goals compete; uniting to deliver results for our company and customers;
- Communicating directly, sharing feedback at all levels, and engaging in debate while maintaining objectivity;
- Partnership, influencing and motivating resources outside your team;
- Committing to continuous development and mastery of your craft.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.