Senior Agile Coach
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
HomeAway has adopted a company-wide Agile mindset. We are looking to add a highly experienced, Enterprise Agile Coach to our team. You will be involved in guiding an agile transformation of a Tier 1 company. As the leader of our Agile initiative you will use your expertise and execute on processes in order for HomeAway to become a premier Agile company. This will require the ability to lead change across all departments within the company, extraordinary facilitation, conflict resolution skills and deep experience mentoring Coaches, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Developers, Managers, and Leadership across the organizations.
- Lead Agile Organizational Transformation across our diverse set of organizations (e.g. Product, Engineering, Marketing, Human Resources…)
- Develop and maintain the HomeAway proprietary training and coaching curriculum materials
- Lead classroom and customized training sessions for organizations and teams within HomeAway departments
- Coach other Coaches, Product, Scrum Masters and Development teams toward continuous improvement as they transform to agile
- Facilitate the execution of agile aligned with planning, road-map, product feature release cadence, and sprints.
- Coach and mentor all employees on the organizational value of Agile mindset to drive implementation success and overall adoption
- Instill the thinking within teams that the common goal is to deliver customer value with speed and quality
- Establish a culture of continuous feedback loops with our customers
- Share agile (Scrum) and/or Kanban standard methodologies through informal communication and/or formal training sessions
- Facilitate and support organization through Forming, Storming, Norming and Performing stages of various new and existing teams
- Facilitate leadership team through the company agile culture transformation (hands on collaborative exercises/activities, team building, etc.)
- 10+ years of deep understanding in agile within the software industry
- 5+ years of agile coaching experience where you engaged with teams to identify things that can be improved
- Experience with various frameworks a plus: SAFe, Kanban, Lean
- Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC) accreditation by the Scrum Alliance would be a plus
- Strong facilitation skills in rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Receptive and open to continuous feedback from all team members
- Embraces the scientific method while crafting Agile processes throughout the organization
- Responsible for providing feedback and advice to new agile project teams, and also to teams who want to perform at a higher level
- Help periodically check up on teams, help them stay on track with agile techniques, and fine-tune behavior as needed
- You have experience implementing agile techniques in different cultures and environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are comfortable with presenting ideas and solutions to all team members
- You have a shown set of tools, methodologies and strategies that will help our teams grow within the Agile environment
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.