Senior Implementation Consultant
About the Company
Brightpearl exists to automate retail. We help omnichannel businesses selling finished goods, trading $2.5m-$50m a year. Over 1,200 businesses in 26 countries use our platform. We manage over 10m transactions and $2b of business a year. Brightpearl is a cloud platform, built on AWS with 99.9% uptime, and is deployed twice as fast as the competition. Brightpearl is headquartered in Bristol, UK and our US headquarters is in Austin, Texas. We are looking for experienced, Senior Implementation Consultant to join our Professional Services team.
About the Role
This role is responsible for ensuring the Professional Services team delivers high quality implementation projects. As a member of this team, you will be responsible for leading implementations, serve as an expert during the sales cycle, and provide guidance to more junior members of the team. You will add value throughout the solution delivery stage (ensuring quality delivery standards are met) with a smooth customer handover to the Customer Success and Support teams. An ability to manage diverse teams and balance achievement of customer objectives in conjunction with delivery timelines and budget is essential for success in this role.
As an Senior Implementation Consultant you will bring….
- You will assess customer business objectives and system needs to ensure a correct solution fit
- Lead engagements across teams and partners to build packages of works to meet customer required outcomes
- You will work with the Pre-Sales team to ensure accurate Technical Proposals are completed to reflect the agreed solution
- You will provide accurate work estimates and ensure accurate delivery timelines to achieve agreed customer outcomes
- You will be asked to provide key insight on solution requirements to ensure there is a cycle of continuous improvement
- You must be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently with clients for relatively short (6 months)
- You will be expected to lead consulting engagements with key customers on larger projects
- You will be leading the consulting engagements and ensuring quality delivery
- You will manage all project activities – business process analysis, data import, application configuration, user training, user acceptance testing - either completing yourself or delegating to other implementation team members
- You will be responsible for ensuring project outcomes are successfully delivered, to agreed timelines and to budget
- You will be expected to communicate progress and report issues and changes, escalating where required
- You will be expected to lead on consulting engagements with key partners
- You will be expected to be a key feedback loop to the wider engagement teams - Product, Customer Success etc to ensure an ongoing cycle of quality delivery
- You will be asked to provide key insight on delivery requirements to ensure there is a cycle of continuous improvement in quality implementation delivery
- You will be expected to guide and mentor junior team members on technical and managerial aspects of technical delivery, project management and business development
You should have:
- 7-10 years of experience in full lifecycle ERP, Accounting and Finance software implementations.
- Strong expertise with business practices related to Accounting/ERP (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Invoicing, Warehousing and Fulfillment etc.).
- Previous consulting experience is required.
- Enthusiastic and driven personality with exceptional communication and soft skills.
- Collaborative and consultative work style.
- Excellent client management skills and experience delivering consulting & training services (customer facing)
- Project scoping experience.
- Strong project management skills including the ability to manage teams to deliver high quality work on time and to budget. Ideal candidate can jump in as a team lead.
- An understanding of eCommerce technologies such as Magento, Shopify, ekmPowershop and Bigcommerce and online marketplaces such as eBay and Amazon.
- Expertise in the retail/wholesale vertical.
- Strong understanding of small to medium-size business operations.
- Degree is required
- Be located in Austin, TX
- Must be willing to travel (about 50% travel)
Our Values & Culture
- Brightpearl is a team of people who are crazy motivated by growth.
- It’s what we help our customers do: grow their businesses by making it possible and easy for them to be better retailers.
- It’s how we behave as individuals: were all deeply passionate about learning.
- You’ll do the best work of your career with people who are just as motivated and talented as you are.
- Your curiosity has led you this far, so if this sounds like your ideal place to work, apply now!
We offer a competitive salary, plus a whole host of great benefits like 20 days of PTO + 12 paid holidays, share options, 100% paid medical, dental and vision. We are situated in Downtown Austin, in a cool office space with an onsite gym and some amazing colleagues!
At this time, Brightpearl will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.