Staff Technical Program Manager, Acquisition & Onboarding
Are you team oriented, focused on outcomes and passionate about continuous improvement? We are seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager to join our product engineering organization and help us ensure a superior experience in the vacation rental marketplace. As the scrum master for a product delivery teams, you will be asked to draw on your industry expertise and agile experience to help the teams focus on process improvement and predictable incremental delivery.
Working with our team requires a rare blend of business insight and technical skills shown through the ability to translate partner problems into actionable roadmaps and backlogs. You will partner with the product manager(s) to understand, communicate and implement the product requirements informed from industry analysis and end-user feedback to lead the overall product lifecycle for a portfolio of solutions. Common responsibilities include: leading sprint planning sessions, triaging issues and risks, publishing roadmaps, communicating requirements with supporting teams, promoting agile practices and continuous improvement, and collaborating with Engineering. From there; you will be empowered to design, implement, refine and deploy new platforms and features that our customers value.
What you’ll do:
- Own the portfolio lifecycle and solutions from sprint planning to end-user adoption
- Take on the role of scrum master for one or two product delivery teams
- Meet frequently with product, engineering and business partners to develop a deep understanding of their business processes and needs
- Partner with the product and engineering lead(s) to ensure the team’s roadmap and maintain backlog priorities to enable a smooth agile development process and minimize blockers
- Manage change process with product manager(s) and engineering leads
- Monitor the team’s development velocity and facilitate the resolution of risks and blockers
- Collaborate with the product manager(s) and engineering teams to ensure epics and user stories are clearly defined and properly phased to facilitate timely delivery of functionality
- Lead communication and solution delivery across cross-functional operating teams
- Communicate status, risks with resolution plan, upcoming milestones, and recent releases to leadership teams
- Manage resolution of urgent engineering issues while communicating changes to business partners
- Work with the engineering and product leadership teams to ensure they are fully engaged in strategic and tactical planning decisions
Who you are:
- 5-8+ years of Program/Project Management and/or scrum master experience in a high-tech company, preferably in a B2C ecommerce environment
- 3 years of experience driving agile software development experience with 2 years in a scrum master role
- High level of initiative, passion, and the desire to build a world-class user experience for customers
- Demonstrated experience driving agile software development with engineering, quality assurance, and functional teams
- Demonstrated expertise in standard methodologies for software development, and the ability to evolve those practices according to technology and business trends
- Ability to lead teams through issue resolution and risk management
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex concepts to highly engineering and non-engineering partners
- Comfortable presenting to large internal groups and leadership team members
- Validated track of record managing multiple, ongoing complex projects and implementing of ecommerce applications, while delivering on schedule
- Full product lifecycle management experience, including user acceptance testing, launch, and end of life processes
- Understanding of N-Tier software development architectures, relational databases, cloud architecture, and data warehouse architectures
- Experience as a Business Analyst (BA) and/or Developer in engineering software environment strongly desired
- Experience with complex information architecture and taxonomy management a plus
- Scrum master and agile evangelist experience in a dynamic software development environment
- Certified scrum master and/or Project Management a plus
- BA/BS required preferably in Computer Information Systems, Business Administration or related fields (applicable experience may be substituted)
- 1-3 years programming experience desired, depending on level
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.