RigUp is changing the way work is done in the energy industry. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our north star -- “to empower the people who power the world.” The Marketplace Operations team at RigUp is responsible for matching supply and demand across people and services. Through categorical expertise, we are responsible for implementing technical solutions to match the unique needs of our customers: these range from traditional sourcing needs to workforce management to on-demand services.
RigUp is hiring a Well Control Program Manager that will be responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of our well control program. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has experience developing and leading well control courses across multiple roles and clients in Oil & Gas. Sound like you? Keep reading.
What you'll do
- Creation of each of the following course by IADC standards:
- Drilling Operations - Surface/Subsea Stack- Supervisor & Driller* Level
- Drilling Operations - Supplement Workover Completions
- Well Servicing - Oil & Gas Representative Workover & Intervention
- Well Servicing - Workover
- IADC accreditation of a RigUp determined entity including each of the courses listed above
- Building a network of IADC approved contract instructors across all major O&G basins to teach each of the courses offered through our school
- Determining a cost/time efficient process for implementing a travelling school across multiple regions
- Working with clients to develop client specific training programs
What you should have
- 5+ years of Well Control instruction and/or training coordination
- Experience developing and gaining accreditation for courses
- Extensive experience with both Drilling and Well Servicing simulators
- Preferred involvement with IADC organization
- Preferred experience with developing Computer Based Training
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Daily catered meals
- Competitive commuter benefits
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
- Career development opportunities + partial reimbursement for ongoing education
- $2,000 vacation stipend on your 3 year anniversary
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $123.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the oilfield.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!