Praecipio Consulting is a business process and IT consulting firm specializing in the Atlassian product suite. We help industry leading organizations and software businesses build their best products. As Atlassian Enterprise Expert Partners, we pride ourselves in serving our clients ranging from small startups to Fortune 20 and Global Fortune 10 companies with best-in-class ITSM, Business Process, and SDLC solutions. We are a growing, fast-paced consulting firm and offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with a fun, positive learning environment.
As a Sales Consultant, you will report to the Principal of Sales, working to understand and meet customer needs by creating viable solutions using Praecipio Consulting offerings and services.
- Thoroughly understand Praecipio Consulting's services and offerings and understand how to sell products for different opportunities
- Stay up to date on all new products and offerings and how they related to current and emerging IT trends to ensure customer receives the best solution
- Work independently on managing lead flow and sales pipeline, provide strong record of processing and closing sales
- Communicate openly with Principal of Sales on progress and status, escalating issues and blockers in a timely manner to push sales opportunities forward
- Work closely with sales team to develop targeted lists, outreach strategies, and messaging to drive opportunities for new business
- Generate new business opportunities to ensure delivery team has constant engagements
- Educate customers through detailed presentations or explanations guiding them through the sales process to a deployable solution
- Keep detailed and accurate records, documenting of all interactions with customer throughout the sales process
- Experience in developing and maintaining relationships with clients ranging from project managers to senior executives
- Strong passion and ability to connect with a clients and their needs, creating strategies that will meet all their criteria and provide a viable solution
- Maintain a process-centric, metric and dashboard driven approach to managing and closing sales
- Participate in trade shows, conferences, and networking activities to promote products and increase sales
- Ability to understand IT and business process needs and formulate solutions based on a specific set of offerings
- Thrives in a process centric, metric-driven environment
- 3 years experience in business development and/or sales
- Background in selling products related to software development, technology management and delivery, and/or IT operations
- Knowledge of ITSM, ITIL, and DevOps a plus
- Willingness to travel up to 30% for onsite meetings, tradeshows, and conventions
- Resilient, problem-solving, self-learner
- Proven track record meeting and exceeding set goals and assigned quotas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects & meet deadlines
- University degree in Business, Economics, Marketing or equivalent experience
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to a set of core values and beliefs during good times and bad, acts in line with those values. Practice what you preach.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted and is viewed as direct and truthful.
- Problem Solving – Solves difficult problems logically and with effective solutions.
- Self-Development – Is personally committed and actively works to continuously improve himself/herself.
- Humor – Has a positive and constructive sense of humor, is appropriately funny and can use humor to ease tension.
- Discretion - Has the ability to respect sensitive information.
- Intellectual Drive – Bright and intelligent, deals with concepts and complexity with ease.
- Composure – Remains cool under pressure, does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough.
- Drive for Results – Can be counted on to exceed goals and steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Fast Learner – Learns skills quickly with facing new problems, a relentless and versatile learner, open to change, and analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement.
- Decision Quality – Makes good decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Perseverance – Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish.
- Creative – Finds solutions and new and unique ideas, easily makes connections and tends to be seen as value-adding in brainstorming sessions.
- Proactive – Thinks ahead and prevents potential issues and problems.