Account Executive (Mid Market)
Brightpearl exists to automate retail! We help omnichannel businesses selling finished goods, trading $2.5m-$50m a year. Over 1,200 businesses in 26 countries use our platform. We manage over 10m transactions and $2bn of business a year. Brightpearl is a cloud platform, built on AWS with 99.9% uptime, and is deployed twice as fast as the competition. We are working on challenging problems at scale to allow retailers to focus on their business instead of technology.
Brightpearl’s US headquarters is in the heart of downtown Austin with a global headquarters in Bristol, UK.
About the Account Executive role
The Account Executive is responsible for all new business, and upsell to existing customers, within a defined Territory. The role aligns to the customer journey – from their initial interest, through qualification, evaluation, solution scoping, negotiation, to closing. Successful customer journeys result in delighted customers who grow using Brightpearl, so you will also be responsible for upsell. You will manage the entire sales cycle and close new business from inbound and outbound generated leads. This includes managing an ecosystem of partners within the Territory, who are a key source of high quality leads. You will carry an individual sales quota with an expectation to meet and exceed this consistently, supported by an excellent team at Brightpearl.
You’ll help lead a geographically-defined Territory Team, working closely with a Business Development Represenatative (whose main role is to provide you with Sales Qualified Leads), Pre-Sales and Implementation Consultants (professional services who scope and implement our solution), the Customer Success Manager (who looks after our existing customers), and Marketing. This model is a crucial source of demand generation - happy customers advocate Brightpearl and help drive demand. You will report into the Regional Sales Director.
Account Executive Key Attributes
The successful candidate will be strongly self-motivated and outcome-driven, with a proven track record of managing and closing a pipeline of opportunities, and forecasting accurately. Excellent qualification, prioritization, organization and focus are essential in this role.
You will be extremely effective at building rapport over the phone with a range of senior decision makers. Your sales approach will ensure the customer is put first and you will be relentless in understanding the needs, pain points and desired outcomes of our prospects. You will be comfortable adopting a solution selling approach and be effective at communicating the value that Brightpearl’s platform and expertise brings to each customer's business. You must be technically proficient in understanding and demonstrating the platform to customers, and in public speaking (for example, at prospect events and industry meet-ups).
Account Executive Key Responsibilities:
- Achieve/exceed a monthly sales quota and monthly pipeline goals (3x quota);
- Adherence to the Brightpearl Sales Playbook;
- Lead the Territory Team (through weekly meetings, and monthly meetings with marketing) to ensure the successful planning and execution of monthly events (online and in-person) for customers, partners, and prospects;
- Develop and manage relationships with new prospects and existing customers;
- Understand the desired outcomes, challenges and opportunities of prospects and develop solutions to meet their needs and exceed their expectations;
- Manage the entire sales-cycle and present the value of Brightpearl to business owners and operational staff;
- Demonstrate our product via screen sharing demos and on occasion, face-to-face;
- Accurately forecast on a weekly basis, whilst developing a reliable pipeline of opportunity for future months;
- Develop and maintain satisfied and referenceable customers;
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to increase opportunity value and win rates;
- Some outbound activity (targeted industry and partner events, call-out days);
- Leverage Salesforce, InsightSquared and other tools, to effectively manage pipeline and sales activities;
Account Executive Requirements:
- At least 3 years’ software sales experience, ideally selling B2B software solutions over the phone and in person, as well as experience managing a territory;
- Demonstrable, consistent, over-achievement against sales targets;
- Candidates should have one of the following: software/SaaS solution sales experience, experience of selling to SMBs or experience of selling direct to independent retailers/wholesalers;
- A consultative selling style combining effective questioning techniques;
- Ability to explain and demonstrate technical solutions in non-technical, business-focused language;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Knowledge of any of the following industry sectors is a plus: retail, wholesale distribution, warehousing and e-commerce.
- Degree educated is preferable.
- Must be located in Austin, Texas or willing to commute
- A genuine desire to learn and succeed in tech sales;
- Authentically curious, you love learning and improving yourself;
- Integrity is fundamentally important to you;
- You want to make a real difference;
- You are naturally entrepreneurial & a self-starter;
We offer a competitive salary, plus a superior benefits package including 20 days of PTO + 12 paid holidays, share options, 100% paid medical, dental and vision. We’re an energetic, driven organization who believe in promoting a healthy work-life balance, and our office in Downtown Austin is an open, vibrant workspace. Check us out on Built In Austin to get more of an insight on what it’s like to work with us!