Account Executive, Prospecting – Finance & Accounting Solutions, Enterprise Healthcare
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
Blackbaud is looking for an Account Executive – Financial Edge NXT as part of the newly formed Business Unit. As a key member of the Blackbaud Enterprise Sales Team, the Account Executive will be responsible for prospecting, identifying and penetrating major customers within an assigned territory focusing on the Healthcare vertical.
The Account Executive must be able to navigate through large, complex organizations positioning Blackbaud's software, services and training as a best of breed high-end enterprise solution. The Account Executive must also work collaboratively with other partners in our larger sales engagements to provide a total integrated solution.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing sales activities to exceed assigned revenue objectives.
- Providing tactical and strategic plans with specific measurable time frames to penetrate an account.
- Collaborate with Client Success Managers (i.e. Account Managers) to generate additional revenue from existing client base.
- Prospect (cold calling, following up on leads, completing RFP's etc.) into new accounts to establish relationships.
- Executing aggressively on the plan to position Blackbaud as solution of choice.
- Becoming a "trusted business advisor" and establish Executive relationships at senior levels within client accounts.
- Differentiating Blackbaud's solution by positioning professional services.
- Provide and or coordinate appropriate resources such as online demonstrations and proposals when needed to educate clients and advance sales cycles.
- Build and maintain an accurate pipeline and timely sales forecasts to management.
- Identifying internal teams, providing direction and leadership in each sales engagement.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer industry trends.
What we’ll want you to have:
- 5+ years of experience in positioning and selling financial or software solutions; experience selling within the Healthcare vertical preferred
- Knowledge and experience working within a solution-selling or consultative selling methodology.
- Experience selling/navigating a complex sale.
- Strong focus on acquiring new business while continuing to cultivate existing account relationships.
- A proven track record of consistent over quota achievement within a software vendor.
- Entrepreneurial drive and work ethic.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Approximately 30% - 50% travel is required.
- Nonprofit industry experience is also a plus
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks as well as a new cutting-edge new headquarters completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.