Business Applications Manager (Salesforce Administrator)
We’re a company founded by engineers, comprised of engineers, building the world’s largest cloud learning and transformation platform with a bold mission – giving individuals and businesses the chance to change their trajectory. Our fun and engaging courses have helped 850,000+ engineers learn to cloud, and we’re just getting started.
Working at A Cloud Guru
We’re a smart, quirky, tight-knit team who’s passionate about our purpose, who works hard, learns together, and laughs together. We look for people who are excited to work with purpose, who can add their own unique quirkiness to our own. We’re proud to say we champion diversity and inclusivity are committed to making coming to work an enjoyable experience for all.
Champion our customers: We connect with and truly care about our customers
Be thoughtful but decisive: We move swiftly and confidently with grounded logic
Learn all the things: We bring insatiable curiosity to our roles every day
Be hungry, stay humble: We always bring our A-game, never our ego
Keep it fun: Above all, have fun and make 'em smile!
Our people matter to us. We understand that everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers so our employees can access a whole host of perks and benefits that include:
- 4 weeks of PTO per year
- Generous gender neutral paid parental leave
- Family Planning Benefit
- A Cloud Guru Idea Hours - We set aside 2 hours per week to learn something new!
- Catered lunch three times a week
- A well stocked fridge and kitchen
- Quarterly continuing education budget
The Business Applications Manager (Salesforce Administrator) role
A Cloud Guru is seeking a Business Applications Manager to administer and manage the core tools used by the Go-to-Market teams. While this primarily involves Salesforce.com, it also will encompass tools that heavily integrate with SFDC, such as SalesLoft, Chorus.ai, DiscoverOrg, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, etc. The ideal candidate for this role will be able to simultaneously execute on tactical enhancements and fixes while also making progress on-larger scale, more strategic infrastructure projects. This role requires an action-oriented individual who is eager to build systems designed to scale with A Cloud Guru’s substantial growth. Our existing instance and process has some key infrastructure in place, but is still quite a blank canvas. The Business Applications Manager will be able to put their fingerprints on each of these tools in a significant way.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Architect and implement the key processes and technical infrastructure in Salesforce.com and related Go-To-Market systems
- Partner with management and end users across multiple teams to meet the needs of a rapidly growing business. This will frequently include translating non-technical statements into technical requirements, and probing for underlying needs during requirement gathering
- Proactively identify gaps in process and reporting. Actively suggest fixes and take action to eliminate these gaps (in conjunction with key stakeholders)
We are looking for someone who can:
- Own of the full project lifecycle: Develop, Test, QA, Document, Train, Release, Support
- Provision, modify, and offboard licenses in key Go-To-Market systems
- Support and maintain integrations between Salesforce.com and dependent systems such as Sales Navigator, SalesLoft, Chorus.ai, and others
- Migrate, cleanse, and retrofit key data as necessary when implementing new solutions
- Manage relationships with key 3rd party consultants also working in Salesforce.com
If you have the following experience we'd love to hear from you!
- 5+ years administering Salesforce.com
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including building and maintaining documentation and demoing new features
- Expertise in all point-and-click Salesforce.com administration: process builder, workflows, email alerts, validation rules, page layouts, field configuration, record typing, profiles, permission sets, role hierarchies, sandbox environments, etc
- Experience working with all standard Salesforce.com objects and functionality
- Strong project management skills, including experience in managing initiatives that span multiple quarters and touch many different users
- Bonus: Experience with marketing automation tools, DocuSign, sales automation, etc
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Does this sound like you? Want to help us teach the world to cloud? Get in touch, we’d love to talk.
Our team is spread across the globe, primarily in the US, Australia and the UK. This role will be based in our offices in Austin, Texas. While we do have remote workers, this role requires you to be in our Austin, TX office.
A Cloud Guru is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome all to join the team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. At A Cloud Guru, we champion diversity and know that an inclusive environment is critical to our success.