Business Development Manager - Mortgage Lending Division
Opcity helps real estate brokers, lenders and settlement service providers serve online customers. The number of home buyers/sellers who start their process online is growing much faster than the industry as a whole. Opcity makes the real estate experience better by instantly and seamlessly matching consumers to the best agent for them, and facilitates the buying and selling process by connecting and coordinating the vital services within the home buying/selling ecosystem. Through its proprietary matching algorithm and SMS/Mobile live-transfer distribution platform, Opcity is able to instantly connect the best agent with the highest probability of conversion to the right consumer at the right time. Opcity’s matching model is based on eighteen (18) years of agent historical performance, predictive analytics, and a learning model of iterative improvement. Opcity’s network of providers, technology platform, and toolkit allow Opcity to be the primary concierge for the consumer during the home buying/selling experience.
Lender is one of Opcity’s key areas for revenue growth in 2018 and beyond. The Business Development Manager for the Mortgage Lending Division is responsible for developing, leading, counseling, motivating, and managing a team of representatives to prospect and acquire new Mortgage Lending customers. They are responsible for driving their team to achieve goals and quota by exhibiting strong sales and management skills and by delivering superior service to Opcity’s clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage a team of Business Development Representatives that are responsible for outbound cold calling, running online presentations, and closing over the phone
- Identify new best prospecting practices to improve conversion, assisting on sales calls
- Coach and manage representatives to develop them, drive productivity, and ensure the requirements are understood as well as coach representatives on pitching and negotiating products and/or services
- Understand the Mortgage Lending clients, market trends, and competitor intel in order to develop representatives to close more successfully
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to request content and other sales support as well as provide feedback to the Product team
- Proactively identify opportunities for corrective action and counsel, discipline, and/or administer warnings to reps when adherence to Policy, Quality, and Rules of Engagement are not met
- Monitor database or CRM of clients and prospects to ensure all guidelines and policy are being implemented
- Manage representatives attendance, time-off requests, overtime accrual, and schedules by communicating guidelines and upholding expectations on company policies
- Collaborate with the Lending Customer Support to ensure successful fulfillment of sold product
- Lead team meetings to discuss daily operations and performance to create a strong sense of motivation and encouragement
- Hold 1-on-1 meetings and call breakdowns with each rep on his/her team
- Collaborate with other managers to creatively foster a fun and positive work environment
- Work with Analytics and Sales Ops teams to create the necessary reporting
- Provide reports and/or assessments of rep performance, attendance, development, achievements, as requested
What We Like To See / Measures of Success
- At least three (3) years in a Business to Business Account Management role preferably in a lead generation or subscription based model with proven skillset in negotiating, problem solving, managing difficult interactions, analyzing data to make better decisions
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing or related field or additional 5 years of related business experience may substitute for degree
- Good working knowledge of the residential real estate buying process and markets with particular emphasis on interacting with lending side of residential transaction is a plus
- Strong communication skills with a self-starting, aggressive mindset to build excellent working relationships while simultaneously solving difficult and complex problems
- Excellent ability to Network, Persuade with Mediation Skills, Drive for Success, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism
*No relocation is provided for this vacancy, local candidates preferred. Must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer.
The position requires prolonged standing or sitting and repetitive hand and wrist motion. Operates phones, computers, fax machines, copiers, and other office equipment.
Diversity is important to us, therefore, Opcity is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Opcity will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.
Read Full Job Description