Carrier Sales Representative
Carrier Sales Representative About us
At Shipwell, we believe every business should be able to deliver customer delight through seamless freight shipping, just like Amazon. Freight is a complex world that Shipwell is making easier for shippers, carriers, and third-party logistics companies. We work with thousands of shippers and carriers to solve their biggest freight challenges with an unmatched technology platform leveraging smart automation and a team of freight professionals. Shipwell is turning the supply chain industry on its head and advancing the way freight has been operating for centuries. Backed by the best investors in Silicon Valley and Austin, Shipwell is poised to dominate freight tech with a fast-paced and gritty startup mentality. Join us, get in on the ground floor of a future Fortune 500 company, and be a part of the future of freight!
Carrier Sales Representative
As a Carrier Sales Representative, you are responsible for every full truckload shipment that is in Shipwell’s network. These responsibilities include but are not limited to covering the load, timely and accurate dispatching procedures, tracking and tracing of the shipments, delivery clearance and collection of all necessary paperwork to include the Proof of Delivery.
WHAT YOU WILL DO WHEN YOU GET HERE
- Daily booking, coordinating, scheduling, and tracking of all shipments in your book
- Vetting new and established motor carriers for eligibility to transport freight
- Managing and maintaining effective relationships within the carrier network
- Prospecting and qualifying new carriers in accordance with the Dept. of Transportation
- Obtaining and collecting billing documents from carriers
- Working with the Carrier Sales Manager on continued improvements, training, and coaching
- Assisting with quoting on freight within the network
- Pursuing ELD Integrations with Shipwell’s Carrier Partners
- Other tasks assigned by the Carrier Sales Manager
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE
- Preferably a bachelor’s degree however not required
- A well-versed communicator with proficient technical skills
- A work ethic that is proved through either school or professional performance
- The ability to multi-task with elite prioritization to not lose sight of the ultimate objective to succeed
- The ability to demonstrate competitiveness through an environment where 1st place mattered (sports, school, job, life)
- Corporate headquarters in sunny Austin, TX
- Incredible growth opportunity at one of the fastest growing companies in Austin
- The kitchen is fully stocked with local coffee, drinks, and snacks
- Company sponsored healthcare insurance and dental insurance
- Team building events and office competitions
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
- Opportunity to put your thumbprint on a high-growth company in the early stages
- An open work environment where everyone, even the new folks, has a voice
View all our open positions at www.shipwell.com/careers
We’ve announced our Series A financing round! Read more on TechCrunch.
Shipwell is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Shipwell, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight. We have pledged to create a diverse and culturally strong company and environment.