Director of Client Sales
At Blackbaud, we’re here to help good take over. We lead uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, providing cloud software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to drive impact for social good. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, higher education institutions, K-12 schools, healthcare organizations, faith communities, arts and cultural organizations, foundations, companies, and the individual change agents who support them. With millions of users in 100+ countries, our vision is to power an Ecosystem of Good® that builds a better world. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them raise resources, deliver programs, manage operations, and understand their outcomes.
Currently, we are looking for a strong sales leader to manage our client teams and drive significant growth for the business. This position will report into the SVP and General Manager of the GMG, Nonprofit vertical (GMG-NPV). This role directly manages 5 sales managers and they, in turn, manage approximately 50 client account executives. (CAE’s)
The primary accountability for this role is to achieve new product target goals across our portfolio, migrate existing customers to our latest solutions, and hit overall booking objectives for the GMG NPV client teams in 2019 and beyond. Additionally, we are looking for this leader to drive overall sales efficiency and increase our account executive productivity as measured by ARR/OTE. This role will partner with other key business unit resources – Marketing, Sales Enablement, Products, Professional Services, Customer Success & other sales teams to achieve these objectives.
Other key accountabilities and activities for this role include:
Achieve Sales Booking Objectives
- Achieve new product unit, migration, and other bookings objectives for GMG for 2019 and beyond
- Drive overall pipeline growth strategies across all sales teams
- Partner with marketing to develop a repeatable program that drives AE prospecting efforts in conjunction with marketing driven campaigns
- Create key programs and strategies that will drive consistent quota achievement @ the AE level
- Coach and measure key activity metrics, adherence to sales process and the sales leadership framework components
- Work internally and with other GMG resources to develop win strategies and tactics for key competitors in the market
- Work with vertical GM to establish Go-To-Market team and channel structure for 2019 and beyond
- Work diligently with direct report sales managers to ensure our vertical and team culture drives individual and team success with opportunities to grow professionally within the organization
Hiring and Onboarding
- Work with recruiting resources to identify and acquire sales talent both at the Account Executive and Sales Manager level
- Ensure our recruiting strategies are proactive with a constant view of staying ahead of planned and unplanned attrition
- Partner with Sales Enablement resources to ensure an excellent new sales employee on boarding process as well as ongoing education and resources to drive improvements in the time to productivity for all CAE roles
Drive operational effectiveness of sales teams and leaders
- Drive adoption and execution of Sales Manager Playbook and Sales Leadership Framework (SLF) – ensure consistency across sales teams and sales leadership
- Monitor overall sales productivity to ensure new and existing headcount are producing consistent quota achievement (70% @ 70% Program)
- Remove inefficiencies and sales barriers to success
- Manage and measure sales manager effectiveness
- Drive teams toward bookings & unit goals
- Meet product mix objectives across all teams
- Collaborate with GMG Partners to develop short- and long-term plans to drive growth opportunities
- Challenge the organization to explore new ideas and processes that will enable future success
Collaborate with services and success teams to ensure new client on boarding is best in class
- Contribute to long term strategic planning of the GMG Sales Organization, particularly as it relates to client retention and renewal rates
- Partner with product teams/resources to ensure roadmaps reflect capabilities that support client adoption rates for existing solutions and drive new product bookings
- Work to drive collaboration across our teams to ensure our onboarding for new products and solutions is best in class
- Four-year degree from accredited University.
- Demonstrated success leading, growing and developing sales organizations for sustained top results, particularly in B2B sales (selling to existing client base)
- Demonstrated results of operational excellence and sales efficiency
- Salesforce CRM and Solution Selling knowledge is preferred.
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
- Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for Diversity 2019, Forbes America’s Best Midsize Employer 2019, and AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career advancement!
- We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous company culture, encouraging open, collaborative working environments in all of our offices around the world, including; North America, Australia, the United Kingdom and Costa Rica.
- We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.