Director of Partner Management - Payments
BigCommerce is looking for an executive leader for our Strategic Business Development team. Powering over $5B in annual sales for more than 60,000 clients in 150 countries, BigCommerce is focused on empowering businesses of all sizes to sell more, sell faster, sell everywhere.
Reporting to our Vice President of Partner Management, who leads a team of business development and partner management employees for the company, you’ll have a huge impact on the ongoing success of the company by managing our strategic partnerships to provide our merchants with world-class product solutions and deliver material top-line revenue growth for the company.
What You’ll Do
- Drive revenue by leading the Payment Partner Management team and owning the success of the department by meeting or exceeding all targets and performance metrics.
- Work alongside senior leadership to develop and execute BigCommerce’s next generation payment strategy, including crafting unique, high value partnerships across the payments value chain.
- Work closely with the GM of Payments for the company to develop the next generation payments strategy for the company including International Growth, Subscription Billing, Fraud and driving an open source solution for partners to develop their own integration to BigCommerce.
- Develop and maintain accurate revenue and GMV forecasts.
- Solve complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth knowledge.
- Lead the day to day operations of your team to ensure effectiveness, efficiency and scalability including building reporting and managing metrics.
- Build excellent working relationships with all key business leaders, colleagues and broader team.
- Collaborate with other senior leaders to establish tactical and strategic plans and objectives.
- Propose innovative concepts and promote new ideas.
- Develop methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
- Create effective processes, leveraging tools and resources to scale your businesses.
- Develop a thorough understanding of both BigCommerce (i.e. products, services, and value proposition) and of the key attributes of the best BigCommerce Strategic Partners.
- Advocate for and participate in periodic product and competitive trainings.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of corporate and/or organizational policies.
Who You Are
- 10+ years Partner Management experience, ideally at a $50M+ company; Director-level+ experience preferred
- Deep pre-existing experience working inside the payments ecosystem
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent. MBA preferred.
- Achiever - You have worked for industry leading technology companies, including very fast-paced startups at our stage and in a similar or adjacent technology sector, and have a proven history of successfully, consistently achieving quotas and objectives.
- Online payments geek - You are passionate about our space, with deep e-commerce domain expertise, in particular for the Small and Mid-market segments.
- Connected - You have a network and established relationships with key decision-makers that extends to the executive level within the commerce and adjacent technology sectors.
- Driven - You’ve demonstrated a clear trajectory of professional growth over time and have prior experience building shareholder value through business development.
- Visionary - Ability to Think Big and plan for the future with imagination and wisdom.
- Analytical - High degree of business acumen and ability to provide consistent, accurate forecasts.
- Solution Oriented - Ability to identify and creatively solve complex problems, including matters related to systems and processes.
- Agile - Capable of thoughtful yet rapid adaptation in response to changes in competitors, technologies, or market conditions.
- Master Influencer - Excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills are critical.
- Collaborative - Ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners such as Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Sales.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.
- Efficient - Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Attentive - Passion for service and satisfaction and ability to manage sensitive information and numerous details with ease.
- Techie - Strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. A basic understanding of HTML, CSS and internet technologies (shopping carts, web hosting, email and online marketing tools) a plus.
- Travel Flexible - Ability to travel domestically or internationally as needed (est. 8-12 weeks per year).