Director, Sales Enablement
Vista Consulting Group (VCG) is the dedicated consulting partner of Vista Equity Partners (www.vistaequitypartners.com), a leading global technology investor with over $46 billion in cumulative capital commitments. Our team of subject matter experts and consultants partner with market-leading software and technology companies to achieve lasting results by investing in the people, knowledge, and connections that have been proven to strengthen their success. Our insights from hundreds of software investments over nearly two decades create a deep and differentiated understanding of how a software company thrives. We work alongside management teams to develop exceptional talent, capture and enhance the knowledge of our companies, and cultivate meaningful relationships across our executive network. VCG is integral to Vista's investment philosophy and vision, offering management teams expertise, focus, and discipline to achieve their goals and advance their operational and growth strategies. Explore current and past Vista companies here: https://www.vistaequitypartners.com/companies/
Why Vista Consulting Group?
Vista's family of companies collectively represent the fourth-largest enterprise software company in the world. We invest in our people, with a relentless focus on talent. At VCG, you will have the opportunity to work shoulder-to-shoulder with some of the world's most thoughtful, curious, and talented software executives, including several CEOs named among 2018's top 50 SaaS CEOs: https://thesaasreport.com/the-saas-reports-top-50-saas-ceos-of-2018/
Your role within VCG will strengthen your existing skills, grow and widen your capabilities, and offer you an unparalleled path for personal development and career growth. Do you aim to be the best in your field? Do you enjoy partnering with talented executives and collaborating on challenging business opportunities? Are you curious about how to make great businesses even better? Are you motivated by seeing others succeed? Join us.
What's Different About Vista?
Vista invests in the long-term, sustainable success of our portfolio companies, with the industry's largest dedicated consulting team. Today, Vista's consulting practice has a dedicated staff of over 130 employees, whose sole focus is advancing and partnering with our companies to help leaders and teams within Vista businesses implement proven best practices, sharpen skills, broaden their networks, and continually innovate in their markets. Because Vista only invests in enterprise software, data, and tech-enabled companies, we are in a unique position to scale our approach across the portfolio and to accelerate the growth of both our investments and our people across our global ecosystem of innovation.
Austin or Chicago preferred. Will also consider remote candidates.
We are searching for a Director of Sales Enablement who will partner with Chief Sales Officers and Sales Enablement leaders from across our portfolio companies to ensure the sustainable success of their functions, with a particular emphasis on developing the next generation of commercial talent. Key responsibilities include:
- Drive our leadership development programs for rising stars in Go-to-Market functions (i.e., Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success) from across our portfolio companies.These programs typically involve three, two-day training sessions spread across each year and focus on critical leadership competencies, such as demonstrating enterprise leadership, driving organizational change, coaching, etc.The Director of Sales Enablement will be responsible for setting program strategy, designing the agendas, and assisting in program facilitation. (Administrative and events staff own logistics and basic program management details).
- Shape and execute our annual Go-to-Market leadership summit (attended by 400+ leaders across our portfolio companies).This three-day event serves senior (CSO, CMO, CCO) and rising leaders and is designed to foster insight sharing and networking through a range of interactive workshops, discussions, and presentations
- Design and manage a major new training and networking event to promote gender diversity in Sales
- Deliver training sessions, as needed, to our portfolio company sales professionals and leaders, emphasizing Vista's recommended and proprietary sales methodology
- Provide training and certification to sales managers from across the portfolio on coaching our recommended sales methodology
- Facilitate "train the trainer" sessions with presenters within our portfolio companies who will own delivery of Vista-designed training modules internally. Topics include: negotiating, forecasting, coaching, etc.
- Assist in the selection, interviewing and onboarding of new Sales Enablement leaders within portfolio companies
- Manage a network of contractors who assist in delivering Vista training programs to portfolio companies
- 7-10+ years of experience designing and delivering training programs targeting senior and rising leaders
- B2B sales or B2B sales consulting experience desired
- Exceptional training facilitation skills
- Proven track record of leadership and accelerated career trajectory
- MBA is preferred, but not required
- Willingness to travel (expected travel in this role is 40-50% of the time, steady-state)
What we are looking for
- A true passion and excitement for commercial optimization and sales excellence
- A quick study, with a high level of intellectual curiosity and a continuous desire to learn and grow; someone who appreciates diversity of thought and new perspectives
- A communicator that brings energy and clarity to the dialog and is comfortable in a variety of formats (presenting to executive audiences, facilitating workshops, candid one-on-one C-level sessions)
- Strong desire to achieve and have lasting impact for Vista portfolio companies
- A demonstrated ability to execute and deliver positive outcomes
- A comfort in working with a variety of stakeholders in a highly matrixed organization
- Intellectual curiosity and a "can do" attitude