Field Sales Coach
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
About the Role:
The Sales Training Team is responsible for ensuring the effective onboarding, and continuing education, of Sales and Sales related professionals. Blackbaud continues to invest heavily in the development of its Sales, and Sales related, teams and this role will ensure those investments deliver on our time to value and growth goals. As a Field Sales Coach, you will be coaching newly hired Account Executives in simulated and live environments, contributing to learning program content as a voice in the field, executing select field-based learning program components, and providing answers and insights to new Account Executives while helping them navigate the organization. This role will report directly to the Manager of Sales Training and work in deep collaboration with our Sales Management Team to ensure our Onboarding programs drive Blackbaud’s strategic initiatives.
What you’ll be doing:
- Partner with first-line managers to jointly create development plans for assigned teams
- Partner with the Manager of Sales Hiring, first-line Sales Managers and Human Resources to assist in the evaluation of potential Account Executives
- Coach new hires in simulated and live environments as they transition from their onboarding program into client-facing interactions
- Serve as a field evangelist and subject matter expert for initiative-based learning (e.g. introductions of new products, messaging, techniques or sales methodologies) for reps and first-line managers
- Reinforce key behaviors and skills for newly-onboarded reps
- Serve as key evaluator for, and ensure timely completion of, all virtual and live certification programs assigned to newly onboarded reps.
- Advocate two-way communication and feedback from the field to the business unit or enterprise level to capture a balanced voice-of-the-field perspective
- Serve (either formally or informally) as a second-level answer desk contact for rep questions
- Champion systems and tools and proactively demonstrate underleveraged features and benefits to promote rep awareness and usage
- Fully hone coaching, managing and leadership skills in preparation for frontline management assignment through completion of formal learning assignments and on-the-job application
- Coordinate with SME’s from across the company in order to have them transfer knowledge to new hires
- Participate in the selection and deployment of technologies and processes to be used to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Effectively communicate plans, progress and results of Onboarding programs to relevant stakeholders
- This will include the measuring and reporting of the effectiveness of enablement investments and programs, including sharing insights with relevant stakeholders
- Collect feedback regularly and practice continuous improvement of the programs to keep up with the needs of the organization
What we’ll want you to have:
- Minimum 3 - 5 years’ experience in in B2B sales
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly efficient, organized and self-motivated with a passion for training and enabling success for individual contributors and people leaders
- College degree preferred
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks as well as a new cutting-edge new headquarters completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.