At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you have the opportunity to create something exceptional, build something sustainable and make a real impact. We are built for the wild.
As the Hunting Specialist, you’ll focus on the waterfowl and whitetail communities. You are highly motivated and live for greenheads, Canadas, and snows. You can name every single sub-species of duck and set a decoy spread in your sleep. You like climbing trees and know everything there is to know about scent control. You are passionate about hunting flooded timber, standing corn, or wherever the birds are headed. Your family rarely sees you during the rut. You seek out others that feel the same. You love making connections and understand the network in the hunting community. You may have been a guide yourself or always dream of making a living in hunting. You know the best outfitters and can name clubs, lodges, and gatherings that drive major influence in the community. You love building relationships and establishing long-lasting connections within all corners of the hunting world.
A look at your day-to-day
- Introduce and build up YETI Select (elite pro program) in the waterfowl and whitetail communities
- Align, service, and maintain day-to-day relationships with key guides, outfitters, and lodges
- Mine for new talent and partnership that aligns within the waterfowl and whitetail category, understanding any shifts in the influencer circuits
- Maintain relationships with key brand partners and relevant conservation groups
- Internal consultant for the broader marketing team as it pertains to the hunting community
- Ensure YETI maintains relevance and authenticity in the community
- Provide necessary intel for YETI on any major trends within the community
- Deliver first class customer service to this community
- Active outreach and communication in-person or over phone/email to relevant individuals and groups in the dedicated community
- Handle day-to-day needs of lodge agreements and brand partner relationships within the community
- Develop a consistent communication strategy with our YETI Select group
- Willingness to travel 50% of the time
Now for a little bit about you….
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- 5+ years of experience in interfacing and/or working with the hunting community, which can include in the guide and outfitter community, conservation organization, hunting retailer, or a hunting brand.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- You must be able to handle and manage multiple relationships with influencers
- The ideal candidate will be able to prioritize travel and time in the field within regular department workflow
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Goal oriented with high standards for excellence
- Ability to manage multiple relationships with the highest level of customer service
- Strong time management skills
Perks At YETI? We’ve got ya covered…
- YETI Swag Package
- Employee discounts on YETI products
- Friends and Family discounts on YETI products too!
- Lunch with our cool Ambassadors from the outdoor industry – get a chance to meet & break bread with your favorite fishing guides, BBQ pit masters and hunting pro’s
- Competitive PTO program PLUS Loyalty Leave: 1 extra day of PTO with each year of service (up to 5 additional days after 5 years)
- Day of Service – 1 day per year to do community volunteer work
- Benefits coverage (health, dental, vision, etc) and 401K
- Employee Development Opportunities
- Casual work environment – what else would you expect for a cooler company?
- Standing desk options
- Discounts with outdoor vendors / clients (such as Patagonia, Kuhl, Costa, etc)
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.