Manager of Sales Engineering
What You'll Do:
The Manager of Sales Engineering will provide direct leadership to our Sales Engineering team. Own all aspects of building and managing a scalable, world-class team of Sales Engineers, providing leadership and guidance in SaaS technology, sales strategy, relationship building, enterprise solution development and trial execution / conversion. The Sales Engineering team within LogicMonitor serves as a primary point of contact to drive the successful introduction, adoption and broad usage of LMs products within the customer and prospect base. Activities of the team include product demos, technical qualification, identification of customer business / data analysis use cases, trial development and delivery, definition of appropriate business and technical solutions, customer management, account development, technology evangelizing, and business consulting. Key metrics for the team currently include customer activation, adoption, usage rates and trial conversions.
Here's a closer look at your duties in this key role:
- Partner with sales leadership to achieve quota targets and company goals and foster strong sales and SE relationships
- Coaching/mentoring a group of Sales Engineers (SE's).
- Guiding a multi-region team to provide engineering and technical pre-sales support & continuation training to the sales teams.
- Providing direction to the sales teams for solutions, as well as, the delivery and operational support for our business.
- Directing and leading technical resources with a focus on increasing pull thru revenue on each opportunity.
- Managing Sales Engineering (SE) development through cross-training, hiring, retention, and skills development programs.
- Responsible for frequently presenting sales and engineering proposals to our high impact opportunities within the market segment.
- Managing the SE workload with a focus on accuracy and timeliness of responding to customer and internal requests.
- Partner with sales management to prioritize engagements based on needs of the customer and the business unit.
- Ensure effective SE involvement within each sales team.
- Remove internal roadblocks for SE's to maximize the percentage of the day spent supporting new opportunity development.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education
- 5-7 years of related experience
- Manager level leadership experience preferred
- Ability to successfully support/interact with multiple sales teams in a highly transactional environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial “start-up” environment, requiring superior skills in critical thinking, influencing and managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines
- Leadership, organizational, presentation, project management and team building skills
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)