Sales Account Executive, Prospect - Finance and Accounting Solutions
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
About the role
Blackbaud is looking for Prospect Account Executives who will be focused on selling Blackbaud’s suite of Financial Management applications for Nonprofit and Governmental organizations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing sales activities to exceed assigned revenue objectives.
- Building out territory plans and executing against those plans by following Blackbaud’s solution selling methodology
- Prospect (cold calling, following up on leads, completing RFP's etc.)
- Provide and or coordinate appropriate resources such as online demonstrations and proposals when needed to educate clients and advance sales cycles.
- Working closely with professional services to present a total integrated solution.
- Build and maintain an accurate pipeline and timely sales forecasts to management.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer industry trends in the assigned territory
- Approximately 30% - 50% travel is required.
What We'll Want You To Have:
- Financial Accounting experience is a must for those with no sales experience looking to make the jump (CPA and or masters in accountancy preferred).
- 5+ years of experience in positioning and selling financial and accounting focused/fund accounting solutions.
- Knowledge and experience working within a solution-selling or consultative selling methodology.
- Strong focus on acquiring new business while continuing to cultivate existing account relationships.
- A proven track record of consistent over quota achievement within a solutions software vendor.
- Entrepreneurial drive and work ethic.
- Bachelor's degree required ( accounting preferred )
- Approximately 30% - 50% travel within assigned territory is required.