Sales and Marketing Operations Director
Vyopta is seeking a Director of Sales & Marketing Operations who is passionate about problem solving, process improvement, and looking for an opportunity to join a fast-growing technology company. This role will play a critical part in scaling Vyopta’s sales organization, while working closely with the VP of Sales to assist in sales planning activities. This individual will help us improve and drive adoption of the Vyopta sales process and provide reporting to track and forecast sales performance.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced startup environment and want to be a critical part of building a world-class sales and marketing organization, Vyopta is a great place for you to make an impact and grow professionally.
- Assist with sales planning (e.g., sales territory definition, quota allocation and tracking, budgeting, forecasting).
- Work closely with sales leaders (field, inside, channel), sales reps, marketing, and the executive team to ensure our sales/marketing operations activities support our near term and long term go-to-market goals.
- Help define, optimize, and drive adoption of Vyopta sales processes and methodologies.
- Develop, manage, and improve sales reporting and improve our sales forecasting process.
- Coordinate Vyopta’s strategy and investments in sales/marketing automation systems and tools (SalesForce.com, Pardot, lead prospecting tools, quoting, channel partner portal, website platform, etc.).
- Collaborate with other team members that lead marketing operations, provide in depth reporting/analytics, and will lead day-to-day systems administrator for the key sales/marketing platforms.
- Monitor and maintain data quality within the sales and marketing automation platforms.
- 8+ years of sales operations and management experience.
- Extensive knowledge of B2B enterprise selling methodologies (esp. solution selling) and best practices.
- Preference for candidates that have worked in organizations that sell to enterprises with a mix of sales channels (e.g., inside sales, field sales, channel sales).
- Demonstrated track record of sales and marketing process improvement.
- Strong analytical skills (including mastery of Microsoft Excel) and experience with reporting and data analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of Salesforce.com and tools used to optimize and report on sales/marketing performance.
- Experience working effectively with marketing on marketing operations, analytics, and improvement of shared sales/marketing processes (e.g., lead management).
- People management experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals from execs to new hires.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment where collaborating across various teams is expected.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to work productively with diverse stakeholders.
- Must be smart, self-motivated, highly adaptable, data driven, energetic, and a great problem solver.
- Passion for improving organizational efficiency and productivity.
- High business acumen, analytical skills, and understanding of sales pipeline.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.