Sales Development Representative
BigCommerce, named "Best Place to Work" in Austin in 2018 is looking for an ambitious Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our dynamic sales team. As an SDR, you’ll be responsible for targeting, engaging, qualifying, and scheduling meetings with prospects to help build quality pipeline for our Mid-Market and Enterprise segments.
What you will do:
Engage with Mid-Market and Enterprise Prospects
- Call, email, and use LinkedIn to engage prospects who might be a fit for the BigCommerce platform
- Use BANT qualification to qualify Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs)
- Schedule and hold Discovery meetings with key decision makers
- Source Sales Accepted Leads (SALs) for our Mid-Market and Enterprise team
- Prospect: conduct account research, acquire accurate contact information and
- Develop tailored messaging that engages
- Follow-up on Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs)
- Work closely with Account Executives to learn the Discovery process
Develop Skills to Consistently Achieve Quotas and Objectives
- Develop an understanding of both BigCommerce (i.e. products, services, partners, and value proposition) and of the key attributes of our best Merchants to prospect and qualify leads through cold calling and other outbound sales activities.
- Learn how to employ established sales methodology to push beyond gatekeepers, reaching and providing information to the right people at the right time in the right way .
- Learn how to draw upon your experience and smarts to assess complex business structures and challenges, obtain information that is critical to the sale, and select an appropriate course of action and/or solution to get the job done.
- Learn how to meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers by completing detailed needs analyses, educating clients on the BigCommerce value proposition, acting with customers in mind, and establishing effective relationships through trust and respect.
- Learn how to develop and maintain accurate forecasts and effectively maintain a CRM with detailed and accurate notes of all sales related activities.
Who you are
- 6+ months experience SaaS prospecting preferred
- Some sales or sales development experience preferred, ideally in a high volume, fast-paced inside sales environment
- Working knowledge of sales methodologies and solution selling preferred
- Understanding of SaaS and eCommerce preferred
- Degree in Business or related field from a four-year college or university preferred
- Organized - Our ability to connect with the account depends on the data and detail you provide, so you must be able to collect and deliver information in an organized and clear fashion.
- Curious - You must possess a willingness to learn about our prospective Merchants’ businesses.
- Collaborative - You consistently share what’s working with others to increase success of the overall team.
- Driven Achiever - You thrive on challenges and have a proven history of consistently achieving quotas or objectives.
- Business Savvy - You have a developing degree of business acumen.
- Customer-focused - You have a passion for mid-market business customers, service, and satisfaction.
- Persuasive Master Communicator - You must have strong persuasion and negotiation skills - it is a sales job. Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client relationship skills are critical.
- Collaborative - Ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners across Sales channels.
- Efficient - Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Attentive - Passion for client service and satisfaction and are able to manage sensitive information and numerous details with ease.
- Composed - You are cool under pressure, professionally mature, and know how to remain collected and focused in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment.
- Personable - You are positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Courageous and Ethical - You possess professional courage, steadfastly persevere through challenges, are ambitious while humble, have high standards for ethics and integrity, and do the right things the right way.
- Comfortable using technology - Strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills are a must. A basic understanding of Salesforce, HTML, CSS and internet technologies (shopping carts, web hosting, email and online marketing tools) a big plus.
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible commerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store.BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive commerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!